From Our Own Shadows Part 2

Reisen: I can't believe you managed to convince them to take me with you...!

Truth be told, even she was relieved about taking some time off from working, she would still dread the amount of work that awaits upon her return.

(Y/N): Don't worry about it, I'm sure they'll do just fine without you!

Reisen: Don't be so sure... Tewi likes to hold a grudge if she's the one left with all of the work.

At the moment, both you and the former moon rabbit were relaxing in your current home. Even if Reisen seemed worried, she did feel some relief as she sipped her hot tea.

Reisen: This is still quite nice~

This made you smile as you also drank from your own cup to relieve yourself from the cold.

(Y/N): Wait, I thought you were a youkai. How the heck do you need even feel the cold and all that?

Reisen: Don't ask~ *sigh of relief*

You only lightly laughed and finished the rest of your hot tea until Ran stepped into the room. She held a backpack and handed it to you, which left you a little curious.

Ran: Emergency supplies in case you run into any issues, don't expect Lady Yukari to pull you out of any more situations.

(Y/N): I'm sure I can manage, and you didn't really need to do this.

Ran: Oh, I'm quite confident that you can take care of yourself. However, you tend to be the one sustaining the most injuries during these incidents, so it doesn't hurt to be safe.

Reisen: He did show up to Eientei even more bruised compared to when I first him.

You were about to say something to the moon rabbit about keeping the fight a secret until you felt Ran's overwhelming presence over your head.

Ran: I should have known you were being reckless again.

(Y/N): It was a fight against an immortal! I couldn't exactly just tap out after the first knockdown.

Ran: *sigh* Just please be more careful, it's already bad enough that Chen worries about your well-being during these moments.

(Y/N): No promis-

Thwack!

(Y/N): OW! Why a book?!

You gently rubbed the top of your head as Ran put away a book on a nearby shelf and walked out of the room.

Ran: Just remember, Lady Yukari will be out for some time while she handles some business elsewhere, which means you will not have an easy escape plan. Oh, and be prepared for some guests once you've returned. They will be staying with us for a while until we figure where they will permanently reside.

(Y/N): Okay, mom!

You heard the shikigami scoff at your comment before you stood up to prepare to leave.

(Y/N): Guess it's time for us to meet up with Marisa.

Reisen: Very well, just wish we could stay a little longer~

(Y/N): Eh, don't worry. Pretty sure Rinno's got something to keep us warm instead of just relying on a campfire.

Reisen eventually stood up to stretch and followed you to the door. As the both of you nearly reached the door, you noticed the date on the calender, placed near the door, and realized something.

(Y/N): Huh, it's going to be Christmas in a few days.

Reisen: Christmas?

(Y/N): It's a holiday in the Outside World. Used to celebrate it back home... *small sigh* I've been caught up living in Gensokyo for so long that I nearly forgot...! Oh well, seems a bit late to plan out something at this point, let's get going.