Night Parade

Currently, in the Yakumo Estate, there was a gentle silence as the sun slowly rose over the open fields. Everyone residing in the house remained in their slumber, minus a certain male who was quite energetic for the start of a new day.

You were still feeling a little groggy as the sleep was remained even after walking to play the music from your phone. Of course, you nodded your head to the rhythm during your morning stretches as well as attempting to shake off the sleep.

Eventually, you decided to get yourself ready for the day since there was another feast planned for the evening. As the thought crossed your mind, you began to realize that it felt unusual that the festivities never ceases.

(Y/N): You know... Kinda strange how this is the fifth time that we're having another feast...

The thought quickly vanished as you continued to dress yourself and exit the room, while you transfered the music to a simple headset in order to avoid awakening anyone in the home. Once outside, you took in a deep breath of fresh air before slowly flying away from the home.

For some unknown reason, you couldn't shake the feeling of somebody watching as you flew away.

(Y/N): ... The hell?

You gazed a distant tree line and barely noticed someone hiding a tree.

(Y/N): Okay...? Ehh, whatever.

You shrugged to yourself before continuing your journey towards the Hakurei Shrine to visit Reimu. Along the way, you noticed a group of three fairies watching fly past what assumed to have been their territory before you decided to fly much faster than usual.

(Y/N): Definitely not in the mood to be pranked by fairies again...

Eventually, you reached the Hakurei Shrine however...

(Y/N): Who's there?!

You turned around and found nobody following your trail although, you noticed a tree slightly shaking as if someone quickly retreated to hide.

(Y/N): *sigh* Great...

???: (Y/N)!

You turned back towards the shrine and looked down to find Marisa and Reimu waiting for you. So, you ignored the person following your trail and landed in front of the girls.

Marisa: You alright? You seem a little spooked, da ze!

(Y/N): I don't know, it feels like someone has been following me ever since I left the estate.

Reimu: Well, a good chance you're not wrong. Something strange has been happening recently and it has to do with these festivals happening every three days.

(Y/N): Huh... I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Marisa: Right?! Reimu was able to snap me out of during the last one but I could have sworn I saw a white mist while everyone else was enjoying themselves.

Reimu: Has Yukari said anything, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): No... In fact, she didn't seem all that interested in going to these feasts anymore after the first one...

Reimu: I see... She may have been unaffected by whatever is causing all of this.

Marisa: So then why didn't she help us sooner?