Pokemon Emergency

Start from the beginning

"Just leave everything to me." said the nurse.

"Please." said Ash.

"It's in your hands. I know you'll give the Pokémon excellent care." said the officer.

"You got it here just in time." said the nurse.

"That's my job!" said the officer, then turns around. "Oh, my goodness. I left my motorcycle parked at the front desk."

"Next time, use the drive way." said the nurse. The officer chuckles and leaves.

"Ash, you and Hayley will have to go to the waiting room." the nurse tells him.

"Can't we..." Ash started to say but she and Chansey had already left. "Pikachu."

"Ash, I'm worry about Pikachu." said Hayley.

"Me too." said Ash.

"I hope he's okay." said Hayley.

"What? Pikachu's a boy?" asked Ash, shocked that she knew this.

"Yeah. Pikachu's a boy. I asked Professor Oak before we left." replied Hayley, causing her brother to smile and place a hand on her head. "I didn't want to say anything unless you wanted me too."

"Thanks for telling me, sis." said Ash.

It was 9 o'clock at the Pokémon center and both siblings were in the waiting room. Pidgey was returned to Hayley after 15 minutes by Chansey. While they were waiting for Pikachu, Hayley was getting to know the Pidgey she caught.

"You're so handsome." Hayley said to her Pidgey.

"Pidgey." cooed Tengu, rubbing his head against her hand.

Ash looks up at the sign above the doors before looking over at the phones. "I'll call home." said Ash and walks over to the phones with Hayley following close behind him.

"RING-RING-RING! PHONE CALL! PHONE CALL!" said the phone of the Ketchum residence and Delia walks up with a mask to answer it.

"Hello, this is the Ketchum residence." she said.

"Hello, Mom?" said Ash.

"Hi, mom." said Hayley.

"Oh!" squealed Delia, taking off the towel and mask. "Oh, hi my sweeties. Is everything okay? Where are you and Hayley?"

"The Pokémon center in Viridian City." said Ash.

"You're already in Viridian City? It took your father four days to get there when he started Pokémon training." said Delia. "Oh, he'll be so proud. You're the apples of his eye."

"Yeah, a rotten apple." said Ash.

"Don't say that, Ash." said Hayley.

"Oh, Ash, don't get discouraged. You're doing fine." said Delia. "Honey, the both of you are growing up right before my eyes. Spreading your wings and soaring like a Spearow."

"I feel more like a fallen Pidgey." said Ash.

"Pidgey?" asked Pidgey, confused by Ash.

"He didn't mean it like that." said Hayley.

"I won't let you talk about yourself that way." said Delia. "Just be confident. You can do anything that you set your mind to. Do you understand?"

"See? Even mom said so." said Hayley.

"Yes." said Ash.

"Mom, I caught a Pidgey." said , showing her the Pidgey on her arm.

"Awww!" said Delia.