⁷ ᵀʰᵉ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ᵐᵃⁿᶤᵖᵘˡᵃᵗᵒʳ

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the image of Sang-Hwan and Heo Yool flashed in his mind.

Forget it. It's not any safer there. But at least there they don't have to dance near the line like some stupid bastards. Fuck Jun-hee and his idiotic ideas. Stupid fuck.

Kyung-Jun tightened his grip on Na-Ri's waist as he finally looked up.

The number two basketball idiot was sobbing like a baby. Pathetic.

"T-Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." Kyung-Jun closed his eyes, this took more energy.

"Pull yourself together and get off. The two of you together aren't very light, and I'm not a fucking pillow, loser" Kyung-Jun said as he opened his eyes again.

.
.
.

Hyun-ho didn't really know what was happening, or even what had happened.

Dong-Hyun was alarmingly silent. In their friendship, he was the one who always had something to say. Hyun-Ho was admittedly worried.

They were separated for a while when they were busy with Woo-Ram's camera. When he saw him again, he formed a human sandwich with Na-Ri and - of all people - Kyung-Jun. Hyun-Ho didn't know what happened, but whatever it was caused a rift in their nine-people exploration team.

Dong-Hyun and Na-Ri were conspicuously unwilling to go near So-Mi.

So their return journey was spent in awkward silence, which neither of them was willing to break.

The dry leaves made a crunching sound when they stepped on them, and somewhere along the way, Hyun-Ho noticed that the awkward silence had turned into a tense hush

Na-Ri walked with her lips pressed thin. As Hyun-Ho looked at her he noticed how lost she was in her mind.

Kyung-Jun behind her was no different, only he was staring at the vice president with eyes like he'd caught a child rapist in the act.

Hyun-ho didn't know what was happening and it was frustrating.

Especially when it affected his best friend. About his best friend...

Hyun-Ho saw Dong-Hyun walk away with Na-Ri and So-Mi to a more secluded place.

The others made their way to the entrance of the youth center, and Hyun-Ho broke away.

Should he follow them?

He finally decided to follow them. He wanted to know what happened to his best friend. They were separated by less than six minutes, during which time he wanted to know what the hell had happened.

He hid behind a wall, his back against it, and he didn't peek. He just listened.

He felt bad for doing this, it was none of his business, it was Dong-Hyun's, Na-Ri's and So-Mi's business.

But it was also his business, because it was Dong-Hyun's business.

Hyun-ho's body tensed as he heard the sound of skin against skin.

Someone had slapped someone. Quite hard.

"Yah! Are you crazy, Kang Na-Ri!" He could almost feel the question marks forming above his head. Kang Na-Ri. The eternal pacifist, Kang Na-Ri. The Kang Na-Ri who was a sweet girl, and it never crossed Hyun-Ho's mind that she would slap someone.