Episode 46: Awards Ceremony (2)

Start from the beginning

‘At first, I was satisfied just with the nomination, attending the awards ceremony with a sense of honor. But as the moment of the award drew near, my desire to win it grew.’

The hope for Yeon-woo’s victory wasn’t confined to the awards ceremony venue. Inside the venue, Yeon-woo’s family was watching the live broadcast on SBC.

“Oh, I’m too nervous to watch. Dear…”

“Hehe, winning isn’t the most important thing. It’s an honor just to be there. Let’s relax.”

His parents tried to watch the ceremony from closer to the TV to get a better view.

Hisyounger sister, Ryu So-hyeon, sat on the sofa behind them and smiled as she watched her parents.

Ryu Cheol-yung, who advised them to stay calm, was trembling visibly, as anyone could see.

And in the dormitory of Yeonha University, Woo Seong-sik was concentrating on the SBC live broadcast on his laptop.

Seong-sik’s roommates and classmates were also watching the broadcast, munching on chicken as they watched the awards ceremony.

“Hey Seong-sik, are you really close friends with Ryu Yeon-woo? Not just classmates?”

Kim Jae-kwon, a classmate known for not easily trusting others and always having doubts, asked Seong-sik.

Seong-sik squinted at Jae-kwon, who had asked for the third time.

“Why do you keep squinting at me? It’s just because it’s fascinating.”

Jae-kwon shrugged his shoulders and avoided Seong-sik’s gaze.

In fact, Jae-kwon had never lost a game of rock-paper-scissors since elementary school and wanted to represent the department in university.

However, since O.T., Seong-sik, who quickly made friends with his unique social skills, had his arm wrestled away from him. Now, Jae-kwon was trying to play tricks on Seong-sik.

On the other hand, Kim Junsoo and Hong Yuri, who weren’t in a relationship yet but had been spending a lot of time together lately, were sitting in a café. They shared earphones and watched the awards ceremony on their laptops.

“Oh, Yeon-woo has to win!”

“Of course, he’ll win.”

The two of them stared at the laptop screen intently, clenching their hands.

Finally, the presenter Koo Do-hyun took the mic and began speaking.

“The winner of the Best Male Rookie Actor in the TV category at the 55th Korean Arts Awards is…”

He paused for a moment, and then continued.

“Congratulations to Ryu Yeon-woo from ‘Summer Promise’!”

Yeon-woo stood up with a broad smile.

“Congratulations, Yeon-woo!”

“Son, congratulations!”

Jin-yuk and So-hyeon held Yeon-woo’s hand, beaming as if they were the ones receiving the award.

Not only the “Summer Promise” team but also other actors around extended their congratulations to Yeon-woo.

Ma Seok-do, who was at a different table, came to Yeon-woo just before going on stage, holding his hand and patting his back.

“Congratulations, little brother.”

“Thank you, hyung. See you on set tomorrow.”

As Yeon-woo made his way to receive the award, he greeted numerous fellow celebrities he encountered on the path to the stage.