12. Game

Bold words in italics - Korean

Hana

In the whirlwind of intense training sessions at JYPE over the past month, our journey has been both demanding and exhilarating. From voice drills to rap sessions and dance lessons, the vibrant rhythm of our daily routine echoes with the beats of dedication and passion.

Meet the vocal powerhouse trio: Eliška, Luana, and Min-su, enchanting us with their melodic prowess. Complementing them are the sub-vocalists Mariah and myself, adding our unique tones to the symphony. The rap prowess is owned by Chloe, with me stepping in as the dynamic sub-rapper. Our dance ensemble, a captivating trio comprising Mariah, Luana, and myself, infuses every move with energy and precision.

JYPE, despite initially dismissing the idea of designated visuals, acknowledged the importance of members who can mesmerize the audience with their charm. While some might question the significance of visuals in groups, their impact remains undeniable. As we embrace our roles, we understand that each facet contributes to our collective charisma.

Surprisingly, the dilemma of center stage falls on either Mariah or me due to our well-rounded abilities. Personally, I'm hesitant about assuming the center position, knowing it involves more than just showcasing talents. The responsibilities extend to mastering facial expressions, captivating audiences, and harmonizing the entire performance, especially during choruses. Relieved, I observe Mariah's exceptional voice, versatile across genres, and her commanding presence on stage. She effortlessly blends prowess with finesse, making her a natural choice for the spotlight.

As I finish the dance routine given by the trainer, tiredness sets in, showing how much effort I've put into getting better at dancing. Despite feeling tired, there's a spark of excitement—a shared belief that our well-trained team is meant to be a strong presence on stage.

"That was almost perfect. You just need to work on your facial expressions" Soohyun, our dance trainer says as I lean on the wall beside her.

Facial expressions? Facial expressions was my major strength. I remember the judges mentioning that I had great facial expressions that fit the performance. If I don't have a good facial expression, I can never be centre.

Mariah massages my shoulder as she stands beside me "you good? You looked very out of breathe out there"

"I'm okay. Just the recent stress ."

"Please rest more. You're always practicing" her face showing her worry

"I need to prove myself worthy. You heard what Mr Yang said. If we don't prove ourselves worthy we'll be replaced"

"Mate, you're irreplaceable. You're like the star of the group"

"No I'm not. " Mariah should know she's the star. She learns everything so fast and perfectly. She doesn't practice as much but delivers incredibly well.