010

Yunjin had attempted to commit suicide, but fortunately, we arrived in time to save her life.

She was lying on the hospital bed breathing through an oxygen mask, an intravenous line connected to her.

As her nurse, I felt responsible for what happened to her. If I hadn't left her out of my sight, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

I watched Yunjin as she slept peacefully despite how chaotic her life had been. Her chest moved in a constant rise and slow fall.

Any normal person would easily consider her worthy of Hollywood. She should have been on one of the stages of the movie; sitting in her private room, reading the lines she was supposed to recite and taking a sip of fresh juice that some assistant had brought her, on the other hand, she was a maniac convicted of murder. In addition, she was so unpredictable and that was what made her even more mysterious.

Mysterious.

Unpredictable.

Beautiful.

Instinctively, I removed the strands of hair from her face.

When Yunjin finally opened her eyes, it was already past lunchtime. Her breathing was stable, so the ventilator was no longer needed and was removed.

I gazed ahead and saw no hint of joy. After checking her vital signs, I informed her about the extra doses of medication she needed to begin taking the following day.

She merely nodded once, her face reflecting indifference. She was then transported from the emergency room to a regular hospital room on a stretcher, where she would be closely monitored. The room was equipped with a wall-mounted flat-screen television.

The silence was becoming uncomfortable, so I decided to break it. "Would you like to rest a little more? I think it's better if you sleep all night. You'll feel better tomorrow" I suggested.

Yunjin gave me a stern look and exclaimed, "I've been resting for the last six months. I'm dying to leave this place."

I didn't say anything to that, instead, I asked her.

"Did you kill Felix?"

"Nurse Chaewon, not you too," she said.

"It's clear that someone is trying to frame me," she declared.

"However, all of the evidence points to you, Yunjin," I said. "The murder... is similar to the previous ones"

"I did not do it. I. Didn't. Kill. Felix," she said with a loud voice. "If there is anyone I would like to kill, it would be Hong-damn-Eunchae"

"Shhh," I said. "Lower your voice"

"If I told you something, Chae, would you believe me?" She asked, her voice softened a little.

She called me "Chae", like in that call after bringing her the chocolate cake. This gave me the impression that she was serious.

"What?"

She straightened up and looked me in the eyes. "The murders before. I... I didn't kill any of them"

It took me a while to process her words, and my shock was evident on my face.

"I don't believe you"

"And I can't blame you, no one did it until now, but you can't change the truth," She said so sincerely that even the Pope would believe her, but I knew I shouldn't trust Yunjin.

It was well-known that Yunjin had a way with words. She could skillfully break down any barriers and make a person believe that she was speaking earnestly, until she surprised them with her true intentions.