Ch. 2: Worry

Lex Luthor was asleep when he was grab and pulled out of his bed. He was lifted in the air.

"Two days ago Superman's daughter went missing!" Batman said, "What do you know!?"

"What? What are you going on about?" Lex asked, grabbing Batman's hands.

"Don't okay dumb with me. Superman's daughter went missing two days ago and the last place she was seen was near your building! So what did you do you her?" Batman said as he glared at Lex. "I thought even you had to draw the line at a 14 year old child."

"I'm being serious!" Lex said, "I had nothing to do with this!"

Batman looked at Lex for a minute, before dropping him.

"If I find that you are responsible, then I promise you'll be sorry." Batman said turning and walking away.

"I'm not scared of you." Lex said.

Batman stops on the balcony.

"It's not me you should be afraid of."

Batman fired his grappling hook and left Lex's home.

"Hmm, if that super brat is gone, then that's one last Kryptonian to deal with Lex mumbled to himself as rubbed his chin. "Still, I can't help but wonder what happened to that super brat. What caused her to just vanish off the face of the planet?"

Batman returned to watchtower, when Superman approached him.

"Anything?"

"Luthor wasn't involved." Batman said, "Whatever caused her to disappear, it wasn't on this end."

"So someone from off planet took Luz?" Superman asked.

Batman walked over to a computer.

"I've been examining the footage of when she disappeared." Batman said, pulling it up on screen, "As she was flying, some kind of portal opened and she went though."

"That doesn't look like any portal I've ever seen." Superman said.

"That's because we've never encountered it before." Batman said, "Someone opened it and she was taken wherever it leads."

"Who could've done that? Darkside?"

"It's possible, but he's been missing for a long time." Batman said, "We can only hope it's nothing bad until we can find and open that portal."

Superman nodded to him as he thought of how to find the portal. Maybe some of the league's magic users can help like Zatanna or Dr. Fate. Batman looked at him.

"Don't worry, Clark, we'll find her."

"I know Bruce, but I can't help but worry about her, it's part of being a parent."

Superman looked out into the stars, wonder where his only daughter and the only other Kryptonian in the galaxy is.