CHAPTER ELEVEN.

As the car ride home came to a stop, the tension in the air was palpable. The silence was so thick that it felt like it could be cut with a knife. It was clear that this car ride would be a long and silent one.

Alani bolted from the vehicle and raced up the stairs, her heart pounding in her chest. The air was thick with tension, and she could feel the weight of the world on her shoulders. She charged up the stairs, her heart racing with every step.

When she slammed open the door to their bedroom, the silence was oppressive. She ripped off her dress, desperate to feel the air against her skin. The cool air hit her like a balm, soothing her frayed nerves.

She let out a small exhale as she sunk onto the bed, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath. She was lost in her thoughts and emotions, her mind racing with everything that had happened.

"Alani?"

Her heart skipped a beat as she heard an unexpected voice from the doorway. She looked up to see Atlas standing there, his piercing eyes locked onto hers. The sight of him caused her breath to catch in her throat.

He moved with an efficiency that was almost frightening, closing the distance between them in a flash. His hands were on her before she knew what was happening, his grip bruising on her skin.

"Atlas, not now," she said quietly, feeling a flutter of fear in her chest. She knew that this was not the time or the place for it. She had never felt so vulnerable in her entire life.

But Atlas didn't move, he simply stood there, watching her with those piercing eyes of his. The silence seemed to stretch on for an eternity, and she found herself holding her breath, waiting for something, anything, to happen.

And then it did. Atlas leaned in closer, his breath hot against her skin. He looked at her with an intensity that was almost physically tangible, and she could feel the heat rising in her cheeks.

She took a step back, her hands instinctively covering herself. She had never felt so vulnerable in her entire life. But Atlas didn't move, he simply stood there, watching her with those piercing eyes of his. The silence stretched on for what felt like an eternity, broken only by the pounding of her heart.

Finally, Atlas stepped forward, closing the distance between them in a flash. His hands were on her before she knew what was happening, his grip bruising on her skin.

Alani's mouth went dry as Atlas leaned in, his lips inches from hers. She could feel the tension between them, the weight of everything that had happened. She wanted to run, to get away, to be anywhere but here with him. But at the same time, she wanted to stay. She wanted to see where this went, to surrender to the moment, to let him take her to places she had never been before.

Atlas pulled her closer, and she could feel the heat of his body on hers. His fingers dug into her waist, pulling her closer still. She felt his breath on her skin, hot and inviting.

Alani wanted to scream, to tell Atlas to stop, to leave her alone. But instead, she found herself responding to him, her body reacting to his touch in ways she never thought possible.

She felt the butterflies in her stomach turning into a tornado, an explosion of emotion and sensation that took over her entire being.

As Atlas' hands found their way under her skin, she could feel the butterflies in her stomach turning into a tornado. His touch was electric, and her breath came in sharp gasps as he pulled me closer.

He lifted her off the floor with one arm, his other hand still firmly gripping my waist. He carried her to the bed, setting her down gently but firmly, never taking his eyes off me.