Chapter 36 - Promise

Start from the beginning

It better not be near my castle. Near my loves.

"Alcina, get back here!!" She grabs me, resulting in me yanking my hand away from her dirty grip.

"I will do no such thing!-"

"Alcina, what if it's a creature of the mold." She explains. "No creature has formed from mold, not one. But what if one is causing it to spread?"

I stare at her. How would she know this information?

Is this factual or just a theory of hers?

"What?" She asks me, noting my confused expression. "I don't know for certain. But if nothing is getting rid of the mold then what is keeping it here? There has to be a point."

"The mold had stopped." I explained "It recently started up again but has not spread.-"

"It has spread! And what if we missed one? When Mother Miranda had parished, what if she had created something terrible to keep this village hers. A back up plan, if you will?"

"Please, Donna, that is a bit of a stretch."

Loud screeching filled the air again, causing us to cover our ears.

"Is it getting close to my castle!?!" I snap at her.

"It maybe a stretch but it's the only thing we have right now! The mold is spreading, wherever it grows, I'm sure It's near! Why else would the mold grow?" She asks me, gripping my arm again.

"Unhand me!! It is not grow-"

"It is!!!"

She points to a location, jagged rocks that lead near my castle.

And my heart dropped.

She was right.

It was growing rapidly.

"That's near my castle."

Those were the only words that left my mouth as Donna spoke.

She was a muffle now.

My heartbeat had filled my ears. That's near my castle. Near my...loves.

I storm off to the castle, Donna yelling as I run.

They were in there. Y/n. My children. Everything.

They could be in danger.

I feel my fingers ache to get my claws out, although, I have none. I'm just a human again.

I hear muffled words being yelled at me, the wind howling in my ears as my breaths are sharp with cold air.

And then the clearest sound takes my focus.

A scream. Y/n's scream.

Pausing for a moment, screaming at my body to move but it is stiff, I try to take in if I truly heard that correctly.

...

I don't remember the rest of the run to the castle but I remember seeing her, laying in the snow, clothes tattered.

3rd P.O.V

You woke with a hard start, panting before seeing Alcina above you.

Your head was in her lap as she played with your hair, staring down at you.

"Did you leave the castle?" She spoke.

You blinked.

"Did you. Leave. The castle?" She spoke again.

You were silent.

How were you to tell her?

"I told you-"

"I don't remember much." You explained quickly. "I...tried to leave. Yes. But-"

"That thing could had killed you!!! It already hurt your memory of the event-!" She snapped.

"Alcina, I was just so worried and-"

"And!? Have some self restraint, I am perfectly fine!!" She growled before you glared.

"I love you. Sorry for caring! I'm fine by the way!" You sat up, away from her now.

She sighed hard and looked at you.

"Y/n. Please. I need you to stay in this castle." She explained.

"And what!? Just wonder if you'll ever come home again!?" You snapped.

"You have the ability to protect our children and yourself!" She snaps in return. "What if you left and that thing had came into this castle!?"

You fell silent again.

...

You just didn't want to lose anyone.

But if Alcina doesn't get to the bottom of it...and distractions arise? You could all die.

...

"I am aware it is hard. But please. I've had too many close calls with you and our daughters already. I can't have them again." She frowned.

It broke your heart to see her like this.

And likewise, it broke her heart to see you in such a state.

"...Okay." You sighed, staring at your hands.

You assumed a deep gash covered the palm of it, it being wrapped heavily.

"If we are able to include you without the risk, then I will come to you. For now? I need you safe." She explained, grabbing your hand gently.

"Promise me this."

You looked at her and then back at your hands, enjoying the warmth and comfort her hand brought you.

"I promise."