Chapter 27 - Bella

In the castle? It was dark. You couldn't see a thing.

But you could hear it.

"What have you done to my daughter!?"

Alcina's voice boomed.

You heard her stomping before you see the room light up a bit...hiding...

Why are you hiding?

You watch as Alcina holds... Bella...both of your baby...limp in her arms

"Bella…!? What happened…!?"

Your vision gets blurry as you grab your head, groaning at the sudden pain and dizziness, before looking at her again.

Did she expect Bella to talk…? She's just a baby-

"Dammit, breathe! Please!"

You hear her get choked up as you stare...what happened to your baby?

You watch as she holds Bella against her chest as she sobs, clinging onto her for dear life.

"I am so sorry, Bella... I'm so sorry. Please...don't do this to me..." She cries.

There is a moment of silence, her soft sobs being heard before you hear an ear-piercing yelling.

Her sobbing was not very quiet now.

Your feet seem to gain feeling finally as you almost trip while running to her.

"Alcina! What-What happened to Bella!?" You whined, looking at your baby.

She was pale...marks on her... but Alcina refused to let you see more of her.

"Alcina, Please-!" You whine, tears falling as your heart begins to react to what is happening.

"No!!" She wailed and held Bella tighter before you woke up.

...

You sat up quickly, panting, sweating and staring as you aren't sure what reality is right now.

"Lily, you had me worried. Are you alright?" Alcina, who was laying beside you, asked.

You looked at her as you continued to pant, feeling tears begin to prick your eyes.

"I had been trying to wake you but to no avail. Darling, is everything okay-?"

"Where's my daughter!?" You yelled...a bit too close to her face as she blinked at you.

"Excuse me-?"

"Dammit, Alcina! Where the fuck is our daughter!? Bella!?" You sobbed as she stares longer.

"Lillian-"

"Alcina! For the love of God, will you just tell me!?" You screamed as you grabbed her night wear, it being a smooth, silky white gown.

"She is in her sleeping quarters! Asleep! Will you tell me what has gotten into you!?" She asks as you fling the blankets off of you, running out of the chambers.

As you made your way to your children's room, maids moved, seeming concerned or upset.

Why? Why were they quiet!?

Opening the door, you ran in to see...

Sleeping..

Sleeping babies.

Rushing to Bella's crib, she had the messier bed head of the other two, wiggling occasionally in her sleep...

You held your breath, waiting for anything to go wrong.

...

Right as you go to check on the others, you feel arms wrap around you as you are lifted off the ground.

"Alright. Time to go relax."

It was Alcina.

You fought in her grip, explaining to her how you have to check the other babies as she exits the room, closing the door gently.

Fighting her all the way to her chambers, she eventually sits you on the bed as you, still, try to break free from her grasp.

"Will you behave!?" She snaps, annoyed.

"Alcina, our babies are dead!" You cried, her staring at you.

You are clearly in shock about something.

"Lillian...I just laid them down for their nap as you rested. They are perfectly safe-"

"No, they aren't! I saw you! I saw you holding Bella! And she was dead! Our baby!" You sobbed as she studied your face for any joke.

Surely? It this was a joke? It would be the sickest joke.

As you explained your dream, Alcina wiping the tears that fell, she grew paler by the second.

"You...remember that?" She asks as you sniffled, staring at her for an answer.

"Bella was not a baby when that...incident had took place." She explains

"I assume that, since you only...remember seeing Bella as a baby, that is the reason your mind had filtered the scene with her in that state." She finished.

You blinked.

Only remember seeing Bella as a baby...?

You've met her before then, right? That's what that would imply.

"Alcina, did I...know your daughters before-"

"Enough questions. You wish to let me relive the worst moments of my life?" She asks, standing.

"No. I will not have it. There are things left better unknown. Perhaps you should understand that. Besides, our daughters are healthy and sleeping, no need for worry." She continued, walking to her vanity and getting ready for the day.

"Then why did the maids look scares and-"

"Lillian, you looked like a mad person running through the castle to their room!" She laughed. "I'm sure their reaction was justified."

You blushed and sat there, recovering from the terrible...memory.

You were hiding.

You had met Bella before...according to Alcina.

And Mother Miranda hated you.

...

"Did I hurt your daughters in the past?" You ask softly.

You flinch as her hairbrush snapped in her grip, there being a pause before she slams the remaining part down, turning to face you with venom in her eyes.

"Leave. It." She snarled before walking off to the bathroom, you hearing water begin running after she had slammed the door.

... That had to be a yes.

...

Why won't she tell you anything!? You deserve to know!

... Especially after that dream and freak out! It would calm your worries, you are sure!

You sat there, your mind trailing to all the possibilities of what had happened in your past and perhaps anyone who would know what happened back then.

As your mind sped pass your options, you stopped.

If you helped her. She would give you information.

And you did help her.

Donna.