Chapter 33 - Quiet

The next day's lunch seemed to disagree with you as well.

Sick.

You feel just as awful as the previous day. This cannot be the mutation, can it?

...

You wonder if it were to be something...else.

Alcina and you have been quite reckless, but...surely, that isn't what's happening.

... Surely.

Especially with her turning back to be, essentially, fully human.

... Does that make any difference in the matter though?

... Wait, she said her body is back to what it used to be before Miranda had changed her.

Does she even have a...member anymore..?

What would Alcina think if you were...carrying again?

Sure, she mentioned how beautiful it would be during...steamy sessions, but who doesn't say careless things of the sort.

Would she hate you?

Would she be elated?

How would you feel?

With all these thoughts circling your head? You feel a nauseating wave take over body.

Yep. More vomit.

Great.

As your body calms down from its fit, your mouth feels dry and cold shivers fill your spine

You must see her.

Standing, you go to find Alcina, needing and having to tell of these thoughts.

It's quite a big castle and now you have to find quite a small Lady....well, small compared to what she used to be.

Surprisingly so? You found her in no time.. and your chest swelled.

One hand supporting Daniela's behind, the other resting on Cassandra's head, while a comfy Bela slept against her mother's chest, Alcina was laying on the couch, in a deep sleep.

All three daughters were sleeping peacefully against or on her chest.

You will admit.

Alcina was a very comfortable person.

Cuddling? Sleeping against? It's a must now that you've experienced it.

Are you to wake her?

... No. Not quite yet.

Instead, you sat in a chair nearby and relaxed yourself.

Fiancées... You two were really engaged.

Looking into the past, you are amazed by how far you've both come.

When did the love start?

When did Alcina begin to fancy you?

Where was the changing point-

Pulsating.

You gasped and felt an intense pain in your head. A feeling that was all too familiar. 

Holding your head tightly, you begged for this to end just as soon as it had started. 

Your body trembled.

You didn't want this.

You didn't care about the past anymore.

Why is your body forcing you to go through this? Why not earlier?

Why not when you were just a confused maid?

You felt tears slide down your cheeks as your mind swirled.

Yelling. Images and memories flashing behind your eyelids as if a broken record was on.

Everybody was talking, screaming, yelling, you can't make out what they were saying or who was saying it.

Your ears begin to ring and you know you are about to pass out.

Pass out here. And wake up back then.

As the ringing gets louder, you grit your teeth painfully hard, trying to feel the reality before you.

Hoping it will make you stay here for once.

And just when the ringing gets to its peak, it cuts off.

You knew you had lost. 

You didn't dare open your eyes. Maybe it would all go away.

You heard a crackling fire. You felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n?"

Alcina.

You opened your eyes reluctantly and slowly gazed at her...before blinking.

She was human height.

The girls lay on the couch, on their backs, sleeping still.

This wasn't a memory.

Tears pricked your eyes as you looked at Alcina, her watching you with caution.

"I thought I had lost you again." She spoke, slowly and softly wrapping you in her arms.

This was reality.

This was calming.

Enlightening.

You never knew Alcina could pull you out of this. 

You just had one the other day...but she caught this one early enough.

"I'm sorry, Alcina." You spoke softly, hugging her gently yet tightly. "I..I don't know what causes these, I-!"

"Shush." She spoke softly in return, matching your tone. "That is all over now. Are you alright?"

You nodded, wiping any stray tears from earlier.

You could stay in her arms for hours.

"Come. Join our daughters and I." She spoke, helping you up and leading you over.

After some considerable moving, you finally rest against Alcina, your back against her front as your arms were full from holding the little ones.

You rest there, feeling your daughters breathe gently as they sleep away, unaware of the panic their mother was feeling.

"It is raining today." Alcina noted, you closing your eyes as you took a deep breath.

"Might help me rest." You spoke back, making light conversation.

Silence.

The fire crackled more before you felt Alcina's hands find your shoulders, giving them light massages.

This gesture made you smile. How much cuter could Alcina get?

It's clear that when she cares for something? She will take care of it to the best of her ability.

Could the days of her...killing people be over? Her outbursts? Her obsessions? You weren't sure.

Speaking of which, you open your mouth to explain your fears and questions from this morning's thoughts.

"I came down here to-" You get cut off as you sit up slightly, her eyes being closed as she relaxed.

"Shush now, Y/n, lean back against me. I wish to feel you close." She states simply as you turned red from the comment.

...Well, time to lean back against her again.

As your head rested on her chest, you relaxed with her, figuring you could just tell her now, like this.

"Good girl." She purred, hands softly rubbing your shoulders again.

... Perhaps you could also just stay quiet.

Wouldn't want to upset her.

... Yeah. That's why.