x. 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

//chapter ten • water wheat and too much flirting

//chapter ten 
• water wheat and too much flirting

"ALRIGHT. FIX THAT tie, son." JJ called, looking back to mock Rafe over his shoulder as a security guard caught his elbow to drag him away. "You're lookin' spiffy too." He told Kelce. "You Powerpuff girls have fun."

It was no surprise that his words got a raise out of Rafe as the Kook raised his chin and smiled smugly. "Hey, tell Kiara she looks pretty hot for a Pogue!"

JJ set a his jaw and casted a glare back at Rafe. "Excuse you?" 

"Oh yeah," Rafe continued, "And hey, you can tell my faggot step-brother that-" 

JJ snapped before Rafe could even finish speaking, yanking free of the guard as he charged back at Rafe. JJ was fine if Rafe insulted or beat him up, but if someone said one word about his friends, or about Andrew, he wasn't just gonna take it sitting down. Rafe's insult towards Andrew was all it took for JJ's rage to boil over and he decked Rafe across the face before the guard would catch him. 

. . . . . 

DISRUPTION CAME THROUGH the Midsummer's party. It started at the back and worked its way to the front. At first, Andrew didn't know who it was, but it became clear when a country club security guard came into view, pushing JJ, who was being very disruptive, through the party towards the entrance.

"Look- look, man I can walk myself. I got legs, can ya see that brother?" JJ asked as he's pushed past Andrew and Wheezie. "Hi Drew." JJ greeted politely as the guard pushed his past the crowd and Kiara spotted him, cursing under her breath. 

"Hey! Rose! You look like lady liberty!" JJ called to the Cameron's step mom as the guard shoved him towards the entrance still. JJ was being very difficult the whole way as Kie stared after him. Pope had also noticed the disruption from the grill. 

"Let go of him!" Kiara called from the porch as Andrew glanced over at her from where he stood next to his little step-sister. "You can't just boot him! Look, I invited him here." Kiara called as Rafe appeared on the porch, smiling in amusement. "I'm a member of this club!"

"Kiara! Stop it!" Kie's mother scolded.

There's a moment of pause as all the Pogues glanced at each other. JJ acted first, turning to the guard and giving him a hard shove back into the waiter behind him, knocking drinks and plates of food everywhere.

"Sorry about that." JJ apologized as he backed out the entryway. "Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie." JJ said, looking to his friend who'd defended him on the porch as he backed towards Pope, nearly bumping into the grill. "Pope, you too. Rixon's cove, let's roll. Workers of the world unite! Throw off your chains!" He called out dramatically.