Klaus ran over and tried to pull Kai back but he didn't budge. Kintel was on his other side, pleading with him to let Benedict go but he wouldn't listen.

Kiara marched over too, but Kai shoved them all back.

Reela and Vin were too wasted to stop him, begging Kordin to intervene instead, and when he finally walked over to Kai, I saw Benedict fly across the room, his place being taken by Kordin.

"Don't mess with me Kordin. You think you can intimidate Daisy and guilt trip her into going back to Earth? How dare you fuck with my soulmate and think you can get away with it."

Kordin tried to push Kai back but he was too strong for him.

"It's what's best for the human."

"Fuck the human. Daisy is my soulmate! You know what it would do to me if she left. You crossed the line Kordin." Kai spat, punching a hole in the wall beside Kordin's head.

I felt all eyes on me as Yara gripped my arm.

"Daisy, stop him, please." She begged.

My feet moved forwards and before I knew it, I reached out and grabbed Kai's sleeve.

"Kai, stop." I yelled.

Unaware that it was me, Kai spun around and pushed me with force, causing me to fly backwards through the air.

It all happened in slow motion. My eyes connected with Kai's and I felt the instant regret that he felt when he realised that it was me that he'd pushed.

I was around thirty feet away from him and my head hit the ground with a thud. Speckles of darkness clouded my vision and I passed out almost instantly.

When I woke up, I struggled to open my eyes. For a moment, I felt trapped in my body, but I slowly came around and found myself back in the medical centre.

I lay still, trying to figure out what had happened, but it wasn't long before everything came flooding back to me.

"Kai?" I shot up in bed, looking around the dimly lit room.

I was in panic mode, climbing out of bed as fast as I could, rushing to the door to see where he was.

I ran down the corridor, desperate to find him. What happened was an accident but I knew that Kai would despise himself right now.

I reached out to him with my mind, but he didn't respond. If he was close by, he would have heard me but he didn't.

"Where are you, Kai?" I muttered, swiping my wristband and tapping it twice.

I tried to call him but he didn't answer, and that's when I really started to panic.

His wristband was attached to him all of the time and I knew that he wouldn't be asleep after what had happened.

The only conclusion that I could come up with was that he was intentionally ignore me.

I ran back to the room to get my shoes. I didn't care that he didn't want to speak to me, he could ignore me all he liked, but it wouldn't be as easy if we were face to face so I decided to go and find him.

After searching for my coat, I couldn't find it. I knew that it was probably a little reckless of me to go out in the cold without it, but I couldn't wait, I had to find him.

Luckily, the medical centre was quiet and I managed to get outside unnoticed.

The ground was covered in a thin blanket of snow, it was dark and bitterly cold but I was relived to see Haldon's shuttle.