Chapter 2

You'd walked in the next morning a bit distracted.

"Wait a minute, is he my boyfriend?"

He said he wanted to date you, but you both haven't actually gone on a date, so technically were you together.

"MIGUEL ARE WE GIRLFRIEND AND BOYFRIEND!!"

Shouting that in the lab the minute you stepped in probably wasn't the best option. All eyes were on you and Miguel shrunk back under the attention. You grimace, sending him an apologetic look.

Lyla just stood at the back with the widest grin on her face.

"Sorry about that, sometimes I can get a bit in my head."

"It's alright. I probably should have made a better effort of explaining what we were." You were both now alone in the lab, writing up reports from your last activity.

Miguel could see the happy smile on your face as you stayed on task.

"I've had feelings for you since we met."

That caught your attention. The pen slowly lowered from your fingers, and he briefly contemplated taking the words back. His eyes quickly darted in the opposite direction.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm on the spectrum."

There's a somber tone that follows the confession.

"I don't think, internalize or express my feelings the same way. Although my disability is somewhat mild compared to others, it's a part of who I am. Over the years I've been able to slowly push myself past the more rooted parts of my life. But sometimes this can be debilitating and that could affect my partner. It has affected most relationships in my life. Romantic and or otherwise."

It's clear that you need to make your own confession.

"I figured that out a few days after we met."

His dark eyes hold a level of shock. You just rub your arm.

"Most of the people in this place hold degrees in the application of science in the world. I have multiple degrees and not all of them are applied in this field. Before I came here I worked with the FBI in behavioral science and forensics."

His eyes light up in interest.

"You were a profiler?"

"I was. That's why I understand what you go through. Most behaviors are easily explained by science. The way our brains function, process information. All of it is connected. I didn't really think it was my place to confront you. Getting to this point given what you deal with must not have been easy. I think it's incredible how much you've accomplished. I guess that's..what I really fell in love with."

He's relieved, but also a bit frightened now.

"So you understand that certain physical aspects are..harder for me.."

His hand is on the table, and you nod.

"I understand. Miguel I don't expect anything from you. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're you, I'd never force you into anything. We can discover what we are in the future. Now that we both know how we feel, we have time to figure it all out. "

You don't reach for his hand, and he can't help but cast his memory back to all those times that you'd inadvertently accommodated him. He couldn't believe that he hadn't realized it before. Even now, your hand is so close to his on the table, but you don't initiate any contact. His eyes are laser focused, then they move to your brilliant eyes. He leans closer and he can see the uncertainty in your eyes.

"Miguel you really don't have to-"

"I want to."

His eyes are firmly planted on your lips. You swallow, because this is moving a lot quicker than you expected. You had literally prepared yourself to wait a few months just to hold his hand. Now that it's happening, you're a bit unprepared. Miguel slides out of his seat, and when he stands, he's towering you. His gaze brings in all kinds of feelings throughout your body.

"Can I?"

"Yes!"

That's what your mind says, but your lips have forgotten how to function.

"I..umm..y-you.."

His brows furrow, a slight look of worry.

"Is it too much?"

You shake your head vigorously.

"N-No it's not!" You huff, trying to calm yourself down.

"I-I'm sorry. I guess I just convinced myself that I'd be waiting for you. Now that it's happening I'm a little nervous. "

Relief crosses his face.

"You're nervous too?"

"I am. You always make me act so crazy."

You laugh softly and Miguel smiles. He takes a step, and you refocus your gaze up. His hand reaches out slowly, and you anticipate it eagerly. His palm cups your cheek. You nearly melt at how warm his hand feels. How much you've craved to be touched like this. Touched by him. A soft breath leaves your lips, and Miguel's approach is slow. You can tell that he needs a moment to prepare himself for the sensation that will follow. It all drags by so painfully slow. The minute his lips touch your own, you feel your stomach do frantic flips. Your brows knit, because it's as soft as you anticipate. You can't help it, you moan, and Miguel pulls back.

Your eyes snap open, and you instinctively create space.

"I-I'm sorry!"

Miguel licks his lips. You expect panic, but what you see is the complete opposite.

"A-Are you okay?"

"Asombrosa.."

He doesn't say anything else.

He just moves back in and you squeak when his lips press so insistently against your own. Your heart is beating harshly against your chest. Miguel has a hand secured at your waist and the other slides easily into your hair. This time you don't even try to cover the moan. It spills out, and Miguel swallows every sound of desperation that you release. 

He's kissing you as if you're the best thing he's ever tasted and you cannot be any happier. The man who'd always avoided physical contact is holding you as if you would disappear if he even blinks. You grip at his lab coat, and it's as if he's encouraged. You gasp when he picks you right off the floor and your legs move around his waist unconsciously. You're breathing heavily, Miguel isn't much better. You both have finally stopped for a moment.

You aren't sure what's more impressive, how easily he holds your weight, or the fact that his hands are actually on your body. You're a bit hesitant to let your hands move anywhere other than their current location on his shoulders. When you finally gather your breath, you blush.

"That was nice.." You say bashfully.

"It was extraordinary."

Miguel's eyes have gone a shade darker, and you lecture yourself to keep your composure.

You need to stay on your guard.

This adorable man might actually be the death of you.