chapter three

⚠️Tw: SH and anxiety (I'm sorry) it's At the end of the Chapter if you don't feel comfortable reading it⚠️

Willy stood in front of his door and looked for a moment, before walking inside. He looked around his little room, eventually walking to the little window, when he heard a knock at the door and a girl voice saying "Roomservice." He had a little smile on his face. "I told you to read the small print." "Same problem within." Noodle caught on quickly. "You can't read can you?"

"I follow my studies almost exclusively on chocolate." Replied Willy. "I see" He turned around and said "for anything else I've been relying on the kindness of strangers." "And look where that's got you, the staff quarters, you got a bed." Willy sat down on his bed, only for it to fall apart immediately. "You had a bed." Corrected Noodle. "The water comes in two temperatures: Cold and Colder. How much do you owe them?" "ten thousand." Said Willy

"Count yourself lucky, I owe them thirty." "I thought they found you down the laundry shoot?" "But they did. Took me in out of the goodness of their hearts, then charged me for the privilege."  "What a pair of monsters." Says Willy, now leaning against his desk." "The greedy people need the foolish ones mr. Wonka, guess that just the way of the world." "Come on Noodle, that's just your orphan syndrome talking." Said Willy and Noodle turned around "My what?" "your orphan syndrome. And we're not eating slobs." 

"what are you doing?" Asked a new voice. Jane's head suddenly popped up above Noodle's head. "I'm making chocolate of course." Willy said, finally looking to his left and seeing the new girl. "Hi I'm Willy Wonka." He stuck out his hand for her to shake. She took it and said "Jane" Willy then turned back to his case and asked Noodle "How do you like it? dark? white? nutty? absolutely insane?" Noodle looked a bit confused "I don't know we've never had any." Said Noodle, pointing between her and Jane. "You've never had any? never had any chocolate?" Asked Willy 'calmly' "no" "WHAT, YOU NEVER HAD CHOCOLATE?!" Willy basically screamed "still no" Said the girls. 

Willy opened his case "Lucky for you girls, I have the worlds finest ingredients right here in my travel packet." He opened a few things and put on some lights. Both girls were mesmerized "woah" Noodle said with a big smile on her face. "where to begin, that's the question." 

Willy banged on the desk and said "I know, silver linings, made of condensed thunderclouds and liquid sunlight." He popped both open and turned to the girls "Makes you feel that faithful hope beyond a shadow of despair. Just what we need. What'd you say?"

"Did you always want to make chocolate?" Asked Noodle as she got closer. In the meantime Jane was fixing Willy's bed, having seen this happen one too many times. "No, when I was your age I wanted to be a magician. My mom was a cook. We lived on the river just the two of us. in a perfect little world of our own."

"when I remember it, I used to spend every hour of every week trying to come up with a new trick to show to my mom. But the real magic came from her. We didn't have a lot of money, but each week she brought home one coco bean and by the time my birthday came around there was enough to make a single bar of chocolate"

"And it wasn't just any little chocolate, far from it." "So what was the secret Willy?" Asked Noodle "I never found out. Soon after she got sick. and before I knew it all I had left was her bar of chocolate." Unknown to Willy, Noodle and Jane looked at each other. He grabbed a little bar with his last name on it. "That's why I'm here, you know? so I can feel the same way I did back then." "what do you mean?" Asked Noodle "My mom once promised that when I share chocolate with the world, she'd be right there by my side. I know it sounds crazy but, I somehow hoped she still keeps that promise. She might even tell me her secret." He said with a small smile upon his face.

Some ding sounded and Willy pulled on a lever, which made two little chocolates drop. He handed them to the girls and they took them gratefully "Here" They looked at each other and took a little bite. They both began to smile a little but it disappeared as soon as it came. They put it down and Noodle said "Shouldn't have done that."