Chapter 2

Flinging the door open I fell to my knees. By some cruel twist of fate, he was my teacher. Again. How was it possible? How had he found me? Did he know I was here? Or was all of this just pure hellish coincidence?

I closed the door and dragged myself to my bed. I crawled under the covers and it felt like I was hiding from the world.

*

"You know, you might just be one of the weirdest girls I've met at a party." I hit his shoulder playfully.

"Not in a mean way, but most girls just want to get down and dirty, but you... You're talking to me and you're actually smart. Most of the ladies in that house are just dumb blondes with fake tits." He off-handedly pointed to the lit up house in front of his parked car.

"I get that a lot," I joked.

"My names Wyatt, by the way." He smiled a crooked smile, it wasn't perfect but it was cute enough to create butterflies.

"Spencer. So what made you come to this party, Wyatt?" I sat back in the passenger seat and made myself comfortable.

"Honestly?" He craned his neck in my direction.

"Go for it, I'm not one to judge."

"Well, my girlfriend, I guess you can say she's my ex now, cheated on me with my best buddy. She told me I didn't pay enough attention to her."

"You seem like you pay a lot of attention."

He reached into his jean pocket and pulled out a beautiful diamond studded necklace.

"Oh my goodness, that's gorgeous." I opened my mouth in awe.

"I bought it for our anniversary. It was today, but I caught them in his bed when I came back to my dorm. That's why I'm here. I came to get shït-faced."

"Fück her. God I wish it would've been that easy for me. No offense, it's just that I had a choice to leave or to go find him and I chose not to."

"To find who?" He turned his body to face me.

"Alex, he was my boyfriend. Actually he was my teacher too, and his brother is my moms husband, well boyfriend at the time."

"Well shit, you win." He burped and laughed humorlessly.

"But I don't. We fell in love, and it wasn't one of those stupid teenage loves. It was a legitimate thing. I thought I was going to marry him. But the whole situation was fücked from the beginning. He was my teacher and my moms boyfriends brother, and we just never had timing on our side. He tried to leave me because of how much he cared and he couldn't leave me behind so he gave me an ultimatum- either stay home, move on with my life, and be successful or come to him and try to live a happy life together, which was never guaranteed to begin with. I chose to stay and finish school and go to college without him. I wrote him a letter to tell him and he wrote me back, well not me but whoever I end up with after I left him. It was the hardest decision of my life and here I am almost a year later, still trying to figure out how a world without him exists and why I chose to make that possible."

"Wow, God-I'm so sorry. What can I do?" I realized that I was crying and tried to wipe the tears away but to no avail. "Here," he said, handing me the necklace. "I want you to have it."

"Wyatt?" I looked up from the jewelry nestled in my hand to his eyes.

"Kiss me, better than he ever did and I promise I'll do the same for you." I said confidently.