"Mummy, he is after a girl." Pari would yell if he pushed her too hard, "there is a daughter in law coming for you."

"Mummy, pehle iski shaadi karado. Isko nikalo iss Ghar se." Kabeer would yell. Their mother knew better than to take anyone's side. She would just ask them to get out of the house and not yell here. (Mummy, marry her off first so that she leaves this home for the good.)

Kabeer and Pari just acknowledged each other with a nod and Pari went to her room where Priya was reading a Hindi novel.

Priya now worked as a primary school teacher in a near by school. She used to come early in the evening and helped with the house chores whereas Pari would come later in the evening and some days at night, depending on the shift. These days they got less time to spend but managed to tell each other details of their day.

Pari freshened up and heard Priya hum the 'deewana' song. Pari gave her an irritating look and asked her to stop singing it.

"But it is a good song." Priya defended herself.

"Then sing it when I am not there. Not infront of me." Pari replied.

The 'deewana' song which released some months back was from Salem's debut movie. The movie wasn't a big hit, but the song was. It was played on every radio show and TV show. The cassettes sale were high and all because of the charming boy who danced in it.

Pari too liked the song but she tried to stay anything related to him or talk about it. She read everything that was written about him in the newspapers and magazines. He was called the 'handsome man' and indeed he had grown into a man from the college boy she used to see. His body was not so lean like before and his face had light stubble in the song.

After Deewana the song, came his another hit album called 'Mera Pyaar', Pari was in love with the song and the music video. Mera Pyaar wasn't just another musical album but it had a beautiful romantic story of a couple. This was the first time she didn't see the Salem she knew, she saw the actor. Mera Pyaar was the most romantic song in the present times and Salem was beyond cute in that. He was clean shaven in this song and was portrayed as an innocent cute boyfriend trying to woo his upset girlfriend.

After the success of 'Mera Pyaar', he was the talk of the country and was seen on many posters and commercials.  There were articles about how girls are crazy for this new hero. She wasn't exactly jealous about it. He was extremely handsome, so it was natural for anyone to feel attracted towards him.

It took a lot in her to not sing Mera Pyaar. A lot of the visuals and the emotions shown in the song reminded her of their date at the sea. But Salem - the actor was more innocent than Salem - the real person who was notorious in that manner.

There were also rumours of him dating another actress who also had her debut recently. It wouldn't surprise her if they were actually dating. Salem must not even think about Pari anymore and she didn't want to think about him and waste her time.

At the hotel, Pari and the assigned team was busy in making arrangements for the cast of the film. Only the star cast and the director, DOP and the choreographer were going to stay in the hotel until the schedule was wrapped. They were given a sheet of the names and the preference of food and room for everyone in the list. Pari found it strange that only heroines were staying in the hotel amongst the star cast and no hero was mentioned. She then got to know from the manager that the hero has a home in Mumbai and would not be staying here although the crew has booked an extra room incase the hero decides to drop by.

A week later, they welcomed the star cast and the crew of the movie for the stay. Pari welcomed them with a smile but she wasn't as excited as her colleagues were. The director was actually well known in the industry and had a successful record. Most of her colleagues asked for an autograph from the director and the actress.

Pari was assigned to a particular actress named Shonali and had the job of showing Shonali the hotel and room and taking care of her stay and assisting her. Shonali thanked Pari for showing her the room and asked her to just send  a bowl of salad as she won't be joining others for the dinner in the lounge. Pari obliged and left the room.

"I heard Shonali is having an affair with the hero." One of her colleagues was gossiping with two others.

"Yes and you know even the other heroine likes the hero as well, that's what I heard from the crew." The other colleague joined.

"Oh! That's why her and Shonali must not get along."

"Who is the hero?" Asked the third person who has been quiet all along.

Tonight, Pari had to wait longer at the hotel as the cast members were having a party at the roof top. She had to assist Shonali and other guests if they needed anything. The roof top was decorated with lights and candles. The food and bar counter was set. Pari just wanted to leave soon.
The other cast members started showing up and the drinks were served. Pari stood at one corner as everything was in place and Shonali hadn't showed up yet. Amidst music, food and drinks, Pari was just yawning. She was never a party person. She would rather go home early and sleep.

Finally, a man who must be in his 50s took the mic. The way he spoke and how the room listened, she assumed the man was the director or the producer. He said about clapping and welcoming the hero. Every eyeball in the room turned towards the door and clapped for the hero.

Pari's breath got stuck seeing Salem there. Shonali and the other heroine was on either side of his arms.

The girls in the room cheered the loudest and squealed at Salem's entry. Salem waved his hand at everyone in the room.

The director called Salem and the actresses to stand beside him. He spoke about how hardworking and dedicated Salem is and he is sure to become a huge star one day.

When the speech was over and everybody was again either dancing or at the bar, Pari quietly went to Shonali and asked her if she needs anything from her to which Shonali said no. Pari quietly left the rooftop and went to the pantry.

She didn't want to think about him, neither wanted him to see him. The conversation that the girls were having about the hero and the heroine flashed in her head. So, he was having an affair with Shonali?

What did she even expect?! Of course, he would have a girlfriend.

Just when her mood was being spoilt,  the server offered her extra piece of pizza and Pari happily stuffed it in her mouth. Everyone in the hotel knew how Pari enjoyed pizzas. The staff would always offer her once the guests were done with their food. She loved any type of Pizzas but Margherita was her favourite.

The pizza slice felt like a heaven everytime she had it here. She closed her eyes and enjoyed savouring it.

"Still love pizza?"

A voice broke her trance and she saw Salem Ahmed standing infront of her.

****

Jan 8' 24

Happy New Year!!

Please vote and comment.