CHAPTERS 416-420

Chapter 416: Kidnapping in the Time of the Festival (2)

"There they are." Aerith whispered and pointed towards Leonhart and Thalia. The two children had their hand and feet tied.

Alphonse nodded with Aerith's words and gestured her to keep silent.

"One, two, three, four, five. Five men." Snow counted and whispered to Alphonse and Aerith. "I will help you get the two children to safety. Can you help me get those bad guys distracted?" She asked.

"Distraction?" Aerith asked. "Well, that is our specialty. Right, Al."

"Yes." Alphonse replied. The twins smiled wickedly and looked at the kidnappers.

"Look at these children. They are wearing expensive looking clothes." One of the kidnappers said. "They look like rich kids. We can either put a ransom on them if we know who their parents are or sell them at a high price."

"Hey you." Another kidnapper called Leonhart's attention. "Who are your parents?" He asked. The little Leonhart stayed silent. He looked at the kidnappers with hateful eyes.

"Hey! What are you looking at, huh?" The other kidnapper grabbed Leonhart's face abruptly. "You got a problem kid?"

"Hey, stop that." The kidnapper who looked like the leader said. "We still need them to lure in the big fish. That is what those Xing bastard told us. After they get what they need, then we can do whatever we want to those kids." He grinned.

"Hey boss, I have a question." One of the kidnappers raised his hand. "Why did you accept the job those Xing people was offering?" He asked with curiosity etched on his face.

"With these many jewels, would you not want to do anyone's bidding?" The boss asked with a huge grin.

The kidnappers boss tossed a pocket back filled with jewels of different colors. The other kidnappers had their eyes glued at the beauty of the colorful gems.

*WHISTLE*

"My gosh, boss!" A kidnapper said after whistling. "That is really something. How much does it worth?"

"That my dear friends, are worth a fortune." The boss replied. "These jewels can only be found and mined at the country of Xing. These are one of the commodities that they trade with our continent. Just one gem is worth many gold coins. Just imagine after they give the full payment."

"There is more?" The other kidnapper asked in disbelief.

"That is what those Xing people said." The boss replied. "We just need to lure in the kid that they want and hand him over to them alive and well, and they will give the other half of the payment."

"Wow, they really want to get that kid they are mentioning to pay such a fortune." Another kidnapper said. "So, we are just going to sit here and wait? What if we just go and get that kid they are mentioning? I think we can accomplish such a thing."

"They advised not to do that." The boss replied. "They just to hand tight here and wait for the big fish to arrive and take the bait. I am not sure why, but if we want to get the other half of our payment, then it is much more convenient to sit still and do what they say."

The kidnappers nodded know agreement with their boss and continued to sit and wait.

"You will regret this." Leonhart said with gritted teeth. His eyes were full of hatred towards the kidnappers.

"Oh, what do we have here? A boy trying to be brave?" The other kidnapper laughed.

"My father will never let you live when he finds out what happened." Leonhart said with his eyes filled with braveness.