CHAPTERS 391-395

Chapter 391 - Side Story (Gladiolus)(4)

Gladiolus was walking at the sea's shore with the full moon hanging brightly above the night sky. The waves were gently splashing on the shore. He was sighing every moment, deep in thought why he got mad when Jeremy said something bad about Anatalia.

"Hah..." Gladiolus sighed once more. "Why am I feeling this way? Is what Jeremy said true? Did Anatalia cast a spell on me to make me agree to her terms?"

Gladiolus was looking at the night sky deep in thought.

"But I don't believe she did such a thing." Gladiolus said. "I mean, there are no setbacks in agreeing with the sirens terms. Having them as citizens in my territory gives me great benefits. Sirens are good healers and medical practitioners. Both sides will be beneficial."

Gladiolus was thinking of the benefits his territory will have by agreeing with having sirens live here as well. That was when he remembered Anatalia's beautiful face when he walked inside his office. He can remember how mesmerized he was when he saw her standing in the middle of his office, introducing herself. It was like he fell for her that instant.

"Did I fall in love at first sight?" Gladiolus tried to think. "Is this really love or was I just mesmerized by her beauty?"

"But they still got that power that can make humans of the opposite sex be entranced by them." Gladiolus said. "Did Anatalia cast a spell on me to her benefit? I do not know what to think."

Gladiolus was walking towards a part of the seashore where there were huge boulders by the side of a cliff. His eyes caught a figure skating on top of the huge boulders. The figure had long wet hair being flown by the wind, so probably it was a woman who took a night dip in the beach. He was curious as to who it was and so walked carefully towards the boulders.

When Gladiolus was getting closer, he can see her features more clearly. That was when he realized that rather than two feet, he saw a fishtail underneath her upper body.

"A siren?" Gladiolus whispered to himself. When he looked at the face, he recognized her at once. "Anatalia." He called out.

"I-I am sorry!" Gladiolus apologized instantly. "I did not notice that you are... I am sorry." He felt so embarrassed.

"I-I apologize as well." Anatalia said while she was hiding behind the boulders. "I thought that no one will come here late at night. Am I trespassing?"

"No, of course not. You can come here whenever you want." Gladiolus said while blushing.

"Um, this is embarrassing." Anatalia said. "I left my clothes at the other side of the shore."

"Here, take this." Gladiolus took off his coat and gave it to Anatalia who was still hiding behind the boulders.

"Are you sure?" Anatalia asked. "Your coat will get wet."

"It's okay." Gladiolus replied.

"Thank you then." Anatalia took the coat quickly.

Not long Gladiolus heard a splash on the water and he saw Anatalia at the shallow shore wearing his coat on the top of her body. He also saw her green fishtail shimmering under the moonlight. He was in a daze seeing her so beautiful in her siren form.

"I am sorry." Anatalia said. "You might be shocked to see my siren form. I can go and..."

"No, don't go." Gladiolus replied instantly. "I mean... I am not shocked or anything." He blushed.

"R-Really?" Anatalia felt embarrassed. "I am not sure because some see me as horrifying in this form. I thought you would feel awkward."

"Horrifying? I think you are quite beautiful." Gladiolus replied. "Seeing you in your true form, I mean... you are quite beautiful." He said with an embarrassed face.