CHAPTERS 101-105

Chapter 101: Counterattack

Regaleon was holding me tight in his embrace. His temperature is a little hot. His head rested in my shoulder. I can hear his breathing was heavy. It made me a bit worried.

"Regaleon, are you feeling unwell? Is it because of the drug you inhaled?" I said worriedly.

"Don't worry, I can still endure." Regaleon looked at me and smiled. "Anyways, what are you planning to do with her?" Regaleon gestured his head towards Veronica lying on the ground, unconscious.

I looked at my stepsister with anger and hate.

"How dare she do this to my future husband?!" I said with seething anger.

"Whatever you are planning, I will support you." Regaleon said. "I am here to back you up."

I smiled at him sweetly and nodded. I slowly inched away from Regaleon's embrace and walked towards where my stepsister was laying.

"You." I looked at Sir Bradford who is kneeling beside Veronica. "You are Elizabeth's personal knight, correct? Why are you begging for mercy in behalf of my stepsister?"

Bradford was silent and didn't answer my question.

"Answer the princess." Dimitri said.

"No need, Dimitri." I gestured my hand to Dimitri prompting him that I can manage this. "Sir Bradford, I guess I know the answer to my own question."

Bradford looked up at me with wide eyes. I guess he never thought that I would know. Actually I am gambling, this was just my theory.

"You have feelings for my stepsister Veronica, right?" I looked at Bradford's reaction after this sentence.

Bradford was startled for a while but resumed his blank face.

'Bingo.' I grinned.

"I only realized some of your gestures in the past." I continued. "I saw how you looked at Veronica when we gathered in the past. I never given any thought about it. But now seeing you kneel, begging for mercy for Veronica. Even though you are not her personal knight. Now I know why, you love her."

Bradford's facial expression grimaced. I can see him had a deep sigh and nodded in defeat. His deep secret has been revealed by me.

"What you said a while ago, are you certain you would do anything for her. For my stepsister Veronica?" I asked.

Bradford bowed down his head yet again.

"Your highness, princess Alicia. I am a knight of my word. As I have said, I would do anything for princess Veronica." Bradford said. He gave a meaningful look at Veronica.

My stepsister has been cunning since before. But what she did right now can't be left unpunished. She had put the crown prince Regaleon of Grandcrest in a love trap.

I myself don't want her to go unpunished. But as I have said earlier, my marriage with Regaleon may be in jeopardy if this comes to light. This has to be settled within this closer doors. Then an idea came up to me.

'A love trap.' I thought. 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.'

"Sir Bradford, you know that what Veronica did was punishable by death." I said with a serious face. But deep down I was smiling wickedly.

"I know her fault is very grave. But still, princess Alicia I beseech you to show mercy." Bradford said. "She is still your blood sister."

"Hmph." I sneered. "Mercy you say. You know what she has done to me in the past, and you ask me to show mercy."