CHAPTERS 386-390

Chapter 386: Side Story (Satiana and Jack) (6)

(Satiana's POV)

It was already nighttime, and the hall is now open for my birthday. Guests are now starting to arrive as I have heard from one of my maids. While the party is about to start, I am still here getting ready to wear my gown.

I looked in front of a full-sized body mirror and saw myself dolled up beautifully. I was wearing the right amount of make-up on my face. My hair was beautifully decorated with butterfly and flower ornaments. My lips were tinted with the same red as Jack's crimson hair.

"I have not seen Jack the whole day today." I asked the maids helping me prepare.

"I have already asked the knight standing guard outside your grace." One maid replied. "Sir Jack had left a word that he will be away for a while because of an emergency."

"An emergency?" I asked. "I hope nothing bad happened." I felt worried in an instant.

"Do not worry your grace, I am sure the marquis will be fine." The maid replied. "He is such a strong and capable man, that is why he is very popular with the female employees in the palace." She giggled.

"Jack is popular?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Of course, your grace. He is such a handsome man and one of the sought of bachelor's here inside the place." Another maid replied. "And with his witty remarks, no girl would not fall for his charms, hehe." She giggled.

"But unfortunately, the marquis only has eyes for you, your grace." The maid replied.

"M-Me?" I asked in disbelief. "You must be mistaken. I mean, he only sees me as a younger sister."

"What do you mean younger sister, your grace?" The maid looked at me questioningly. "The gaze the marquis has for you is filled with love and affection that is impossible for I to be feelings for a younger sister."

"Yes, yes." The other maid nodded. "If you can just see how the marquis' eyes follows you everywhere validates his romantic feelings for you."

"I am not sure about that." I replied with an awkward smile. "Well, he is my personal knight so of course his eyes would follow me everywhere, right?"

"I think not your grace." The other maid replied. "I mean, the gaze of the marquis has for you it is hot and burning. If I can be bold, I will say it is quite dreamy. How I wish someone would gaze me the same way the marquis gazes you your grace."

"She is correct, your grace." The other maid replied. "Majority of the female employees inside the palace would had seen it and they also yearn for someone like the marquis to look at them like that. But do not get us wrong your grace, every one of us is rooting for the two of you. We hope that romance blossoms soon for the both of you."

"That is ridiculous. I am sure you girls are just jumping into conclusions and fantasies." I giggled.

"But we wish the two of you the best, your grace." The maids said. "We truly wish for your happiness."

When the conversation ended, I realized I am now wearing my ball gown for the night. It has the tender color of yellow green. It is adorned with light green, emerald gems that gives a subtle color to the gown.

"Oh my... you look so beautiful your grace." The maids each complimented.

"Thank you." I told them. If not for their hard work since this morning, I will not have been this beautiful.

'I might say, the process of beautifying is quite tiresome.' I thought while remembering what they did since earlier this morning.

*KNOCK KNOCK*