Chapter 3: May the Challenge Begin

Start from the beginning

The hectic atmosphere of Bangkok airport served as the setting for the long-awaited reunion. Meena nervously adjusted her purse as she observed the crowds searching for the familiar appearance of Aoom. Finally, she spotted her amongst the crowd. Aoom arrived with a natural splendor and a smile that lit up her face, a quiet greeting that only they understood.

Normally, they wouldn't hug in front of fans and cameras, but their eyes twinkled with the complicity they had developed over the last few months. The excitement of meeting each other again was expressed through an exchange of warm smiles. The bond between them went beyond words and was shown in subtle gestures and complicity glances that further added to the sincerity of their friendship.

Both girls were experts at keeping their privacy, revealing just what they wanted the public to know. This discretion not only increased their appeal, but also formed a unique connection with their supporters, who admired their genuineness and authenticity.

Meena and Aoom got caught up in the frenzy of fan interaction, accepting gifts, signing autographs, and posing for selfies with those who approached with cameras in hand.

In the middle of the chaos, Charlotte's entrance provided a new burst of enthusiasm. The young woman raced towards the girls with an open hug, as if she couldn't contain her delight at being reunited with them. As they proceeded to spend time with fans, the inseparable girls shared laughs and jokes.

Meena couldn't help but note their complicity as they accepted gifts and dedicated themselves to their fans, like a well-cohesive team facing the world. Charlotte's presence merely enhanced the duos sense of unity and real friendship, even during the disorder of public attention.

Despite the constant buzz of the other passengers, the constant hum of the engines created a feeling of closeness in the plane's restricted cabin. Meena and Aoom, seating beside each other, immersed themselves in a seemingly everyday conversation.

"Can I tell you something, Meena?" Aoom said, looking out the window at the cloudscape.

"Of course, Aoom. "I'm here to listen," Meena said with a warm smile.

"This last job was a nightmare," Aoom said, brow furrowed. "I didn't like the person who sponsored me."

Meena raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Really? Please elaborate.

Aoom let out a deep sigh. "He was so entitled, Meena. As if he were the ultimate authority in the universe. He told me how to pose by touching me a little too much, as if he didn't know what I was doing."

Meena nodded in trying to comprehend better what was happening before reacting. "How did you manage it?"

"I tried to be professional," Aoom acknowledged, "but I just couldn't take it anymore." I informed him just how I felt about him and his attitude, but I'm concerned about the consequences."

Meena frowned; her face flushed with indignation after hearing Aoom's story. "This is unacceptable, Aoom." Was it necessary for you to put up with that? Didn't Boss intervened or something? She asked Aoom calmly as her gaze softened.

And why didn't you tell me before? said meena almost in a whisper.

Aoom sighed and nodded. "Boss did not step in because I haven't told him. And about the second, Meena. My mind has been elsewhere else than here. I should have mentioned it earlier."

Meena gave her a sweet smirk. "Don't worry, Aoom. I understand that we all have bad days. Is there anything I can do to make you happy?

With a grateful smile, Aoom responded. "Thank you so much, Meena. It already means a lot that you're here to listen to me. But perhaps there's something I'd want to suggest to you..." Aoom said, unable to trust her own voice.

Aoom nervously played with a strand of her hair as she threw out the proposal. "Meena, it's a... somewhat unusual idea.

"Unusual?" Meena asked, raising an eyebrow. "What exactly is it, Aoom?"

Confusion took over Aoom's thinking. She couldn't believe the words came out of her mouth. She was feeling nervous but needed to propose it to get stupid ideas out of her head.

Aoom, with uncertainty in her tone, continued: "How about we stop being friends in Myanmar? For 60 hours while we're there.

Meena raised an eyebrow in disbelief and confusion, initially stunned. "Stop being friends... That sounds odd, Aoom. "Why would we want to do something like that?"

Meena spoke again, this time in a joking tone, before Aoom could respond: "You have the same face you used when you asked me if you could kiss me that night." Aoom, just spit it out; there is trust."

Aoom, who was still unsure of herself, fixed her gaze on Meena. "I'd like to suggest a scenario to you, Meena. Well, more like a challenge if you're up to it. We will not be friends in Myanmar. We will each have 60 hours to try to win over the other. However, what happens in Myanmar remains in Myanmar." She took a small pause "I don't want our friendship to suffer."

Meena, a little confused at first, frowned slightly and asked for more details: "Elaborate a little more, Aoom. What do you mean by winning each other'? This sounds like more than just a scenario."

Aoom, taking a deep breath, admitted truthfully, "Ever since what happened at my condo, my head hasn't been where it belongs. I need to sort things out with myself, and I thought this might help us put things into perspective."

Meena, intrigued but still doubtful, asked her cautiously, "Wouldn't this be a little strange, Aoom? I mean, how can we do something like that without things getting awkward between us?"

Aoom, with determination, reminded her: "Remember, what happens in Myanmar stays in Myanmar, Meena. Of course, it is your decision, we will never do something that you don't want to do."

Meena paused for a moment after hearing Aoom's firm suggestions. Finally, she said, "Okay, Aoom, let's do it," with a skeptical chuckle but a spark of curiosity in her eyes. But only under certain conditions, okay?"

Aoom respectfully nodded. "Of course," Meena says. Let's put some conditions up so we're both comfortable with this."

"First, nothing that will affect our friendship after 60 hours," Meena began meticulously. Second, we are completely honest with one other. Third, if any of us feels uncomfortable, we instantly stop everything. "Do you think it's fair?"

"It looks to be more than perfect to me." And I'd like to add that we don't tell anyone what we're up to," Aoom remarked, smiling. "So, what boundaries would you like to set?"

Meena, serious and determined, stated her rules: "No touching my neck and no kissing." She doubted herself for a second.

Aoom raised an eyebrow, an amusing expression on her face. "No kisses? "The one who looks at my lips rather than my eyes," she says. She gave the other one a mischievous look that brought a slight blush to Meena's cheeks.

The woman, embarrassed but firm, replied between nervous laughter, "Now, now, those are my boundaries."

Her glance was a mix of innocence and complicity, knowing of the expectations and challenges that were ahead in the next 60 hours.

"Heyy it's fine by me" Aoom said as she raised her hands offended as a joke to lighten the mood a bit. Both chuckled.

As the plane approached the airport, anticipation gripped Meena and Aoom in different ways.

Meena, sitting in her seat, was experiencing a mix of nervousness and anticipation. She couldn't deny that she was looking forward to these 60 hours. She really didn't know what she was getting into, but Aoom's promise that she wouldn't affect her friendship gave her some peace of mind. After all, Meena trusted Aoom like very few people in her life.

Aoom, on the other hand, was also in a state of nervousness and some disbelief, still amazed at having proposed this scenario to Meena. Despite her nerves, her curiosity and desire to figure things out with herself was stronger.

The idea of what was to come kept her in a state of excitement and nerves, wondering if she would really be able to carry out what she had proposed.