~Chapter 10~

Lilly, Nathan and Isaac jumped into the car as Cole sat in the driver's seat, "No. No, come on guys." Cole says seeing the group take a seat, "Find another ride" he adds, "Come on Cole, I mean things are just started to get good with Skyler and I wrote him a song, with Lils help of course, and he hasn't said anything about it yet" Nathan said from behind Cole, smiling at Lilly, "Today I was so weird. I could not have been less chill-" Nathan added, Lilly snorted at his words, "Okay! Okay, fine" Cole said.

Danny knocked on the window as Alex and Jackie climbed into the back seat, "One day I'll be the oldest, and you can all bite me" Issac said climbing over the seats, "Dude, that's not how age works" Lilly said as the boy took a seat beside her. Cole looked at the girl in the mirror, seeing her smile made him happy, a small smile unconsciously made its way to his face, he looked at Nathan beside the girl who was already looking at him, an eyebrow raised and a challenging look on his face as if to say, 'Dont even try it'. The Walter brothers knew each other all too well.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

The buzz at the bonfire was undeniable, people were dancing to the music, sitting and talking, drinking and some were making out. Nathan, Lilly, Isaac and Kylie were sat in a group, Nate with his guitar the other three with cups in their hands, Cole watched the girl talking to Kylie from a distance. "Yo, do you think he's listened to the song yet?" Nathan asked the group, "I think I should ask him. Do you think I should ask him?" he added, "Dude, just chill. Like, if you're really into him, just plant the seed and let him come to you. Yeah?" Issac replied, Lilly agreeing with his words nodded her head. "Yeah, yeah you're right" Nate replied.

Isaac stood up and began to walk in Skylar and Grace's direction, "Hey, what are you doing?" Nathan asked, "Planting the seed" he replied, "Go with him!" Lilly said to Nathan. Lilly and Kylie chuckled as they watched the boys.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Who wants to play beer pong?" Kylie asked the group, Lilly could see she was upset seeing Alex and Jackie be all cute and coupley. Grace and Isaac paired up before Skylar called Kylie to join him. Nathan stood there, annoyed that Skylar had just ignored him, Lilly went up to him and wrapped her arm around his, laying her head on his shoulder, "Hey, it's ok, I'll be your partner" Lilly whispered, to which Nathan rested his head on hers, "Thanks Lil" he said disheartened. Cole watched Lilly and Nate be so close, as much as he knew they were only friends he couldn't help but wish that was him instead of Nathan Lilly was hugging.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Lilly sat by herself with her drink in her hand as she looked around at everyone. She could see Kylie talking to Alex, Nathan talking to Skylar and Cole talking to some random girl, which made her feel somewhat jealous, she knew Cole was always talking to different girls, but she wished that that could be her, he was talking to. She could see that Cole kept looking over at Alex, he was obviously annoyed at him for something that must have happened earlier in the day.

Alex walked back to the fire, as Cole bumped into him, Lilly wasn't close enough to hear what he said but whatever it was annoyed Alex as he clenched his jaw. Lilly stood up walking closer to the two boys, "You know what, Cole" Alex spoke loudly, "Why don't you just run back to Erin or Paige or Olivia or even Lilly" everyone's eyes turned to face the two as they spoke, Lilly looked immediately for Nathan, wanting to reassure him that nothing had happened between the two since the kiss she told him about. She was unsure why Alex had even mentioned her in the first place. "And leave me out of it" Alex added,

"Olivia? I'm not even surprised about Lilly honestly but Olivia" Erin spoke, looking at her best friend, Lilly didn't have time to care about Erin's words right now as she ran over to Nathan, "Nate, I promise you a million times nothing happened between us since the one kiss I told you about ok? I don't even know why Alex said my name" Lilly said holding onto the boys hand, "Lilly, I know, it's ok, but I know why he said your name, it's obvious that Cole likes you, but you don't like him anyway so why should I care" Nathan replied, "Right, yeah, you're right, I don't" Lilly replied with a small laugh, saying that, lying to her best friend hurt her but she had to do it.