I

Serena's POV:

I enter the room, the warmth of the AC hitting my face, I look over at the table and it's half empty, most of the people that are supposed to be here aren't, thank god I'm not late, I would have hated that.

I take a sit at one of the empty chairs, remove my jacket and place it on the back of the chair, I make myself as comfortable as possible, leaving my bag on the floor, while looking down at my thighs, my belly popping up, fuck, I shouldn't have eaten that Mac Donald's, I'm bloated now.

They always make me bloated but I always want to eat them, that's me anyways, knowing that I shouldn't do some things but still I can't stop myself from doing them.

I'm staring at the rest of the people while I'm making fake scenarios in my head of what could possibly happen in a matter of seconds. The room is filling up with people from time to time, a sigh of relief escapes me once I see one of my dearest friends entering, walking towards me.

"Hey, am I late?" Carlos asks me lowly once he sits down besides me and I shake my head "nope" I say almost whispering, he places his hand on my knee, making my leg stop trembling, such a bad habit of mine, I got it from my mum, thank god I didn't get much from her.

"Why are you shaking?" He asks me and I sigh "I'm just anxious" I say "oh come on, you already got the job, what are you anxious about?" He asks me and before I get to answer a voice interrupts me "why is she here?" Charles asks Fred once they enter the room.

"I'll tell you, just take a seat" Fred says calmly and they start making their ways to their seats, "So," Fred says as he claps his hands together to get our attention.

"This is Serena Nunez, a new working member of our team and since we noticed that her performance was brilliant and Xavi retired" Fred says but Charles interrupts him mid sentence "she's going to be my engineer?" Charles says as he raises his voice a slightly angry tone in his voice.

"Charles, please, she's perfect for the job and we've already signed a contract" Fred says "no, no, I'm not spending a season, with her, talking to me over the radio, I'm not going to listen to her orders" Charles says putting an emphasis on each 'her' he said.

"I'm afraid you'll have to cooperate, we can't change our plans" Fred continues "and I'll have to listen to her annoying voice for a whole season?" Charles says obviously not waiting for answer.

"You're not going to talk with her for hours, she's just going to inform you and give orders that we've already given" Fred says trying to reassure Charles but he just sighs and looks over at me, sending me a glare which I obviously reciprocate.

"Okay, that's it for now, happy holidays to you all" Fred says as he stands up, I stand up and grab my things, why was I so stressed? I already knew his reaction.

Most of the people are off and I'm about to walk out of the door when a hand grabbing me by my arm makes me turn around, it obviously comes from him "why did you accept the job? You knew what it was about" Charles says lowly "because I didn't have any other options and needed the money, you also know it was my dream to work for Ferrari" I say while I look at him straight in his eyes.

"Why didn't you just stay at Red bull?" He asks me "because I didn't want to" I say "now get off me" I say while I pull my arm out of his grip and walk out, leaving him behind, just like I wished I had done a thousand times before.

And it all goes back to a few months ago, when I first stepped a foot on the paddock and all these started.

A few months ago from now: