An unusual suggestion

[Zoro's pov]

  Now I've done it... that's the reason I didn't want to see him. Since we came back from that island yesterday I started  feeling weird. Yet I have only myself to blame for being careless.
  Since it was a safe island for pirates, I ended up lowering my guard. While I was walking around the city a weird person aprouched me saying something like "I know your deepest secrets. You should be more honest with yourself" or something and soon after I was attacked by the powers of their akuma no mi.
  I never expected for it to be a power that makes me unable to lie. I just realized it this morning. I tried my best to avoid this outcome, but now it's too late... I fucked up.

S- Y-You're kidding right?

Z- No... I-I mean no! Yes... I do lo-...

  I cover my face with my hand with a groan "Aah... it's fucking useless, just shut up! Please shut up! I wanna bury myself in a hole and die..."
  I raise my eyes to meet his. As we make eye contact I deeply regret opening my mouth. I feel my heart sink.

Z- You... you're disgusted aren't you?

S- Huh? What? No! It's not like that... I just... didn't expect you to be...

  He pauses, looking away. I sigh, tilting my head to the side.

Z- Gay? Is that what you were going to say?

  He looks back at me.

S- Yeah...

Z- You're right. It is unexpected. A guy like me being into other guys... it's gross isn't it?

  Silence. I expected that... I expected to be rejected. I never thought that he would reciprocate my feelings. It's my fault for falling in love with a straight man. It's my fault, but... it still hurts.

S- Zoro... I... I'm sorry-

Z- No. Stop, please don't say anything... I know you don't feel the same. It already hurts enough. You don't have to say it.

  I sigh, looking down to the wooden floor beneath my feet. I didn't want to look him in the eye. Not right now. But then, suddently, he starts talking again.

S- It's... it's not like that. A guy never confessed his feelings to me before, so... I'm not sure. I've never been with a man before.

  I raise my eyes to meet his again slightly confused

Z- Yeah... because you're straight?

  "What the hell is he saying? Is he feeling sorry for me and trying to make some excuse to not reject me directly?"

Z- Listen, you don't need to do that. It hurts like hell, but I don't want you to pity me. Just stop.

S- I'm telling you, it's not like that! Look... I'll be honest. I actually kinda envy you.

Z- Excuse me?

S- Yeah, I'm not joking. You have a muscular body and a good looking face that can easily attract women. I always wondered "What does he have that I don't?"

Z- I don't understand where you're getting at.

S- I mean that... I don't know if I can feel attracted by a man because I never thought about it, so... what if we try something more... physical first?

  I can't help but burst in laughter "There's no way he's that inocent to suggest something like that. Does he even know what he's saying?"

Z- So you're suggesting we become friends with benefits?

  I raise an eyebrow, a grin tugging the corner of my lips

S- Something like that, yeah.

  "He's really serious about it, huh. This could be fun."

Z- So how about this. We go into that... "more physical" relationship you suggested, but if you actually feel attracted to me and fall in love you'll have to date me.

S- What!?

Z- Let me finish. If you don't fall in love with me I'll give up on you, stop fighting you and I'll not bother you anymore.

  I offer him my hand. He stares at it for a while, as if he was analyzing the conditions before finally shaking my hand.

S- Deal.

Z- Good. I won't go easy on you, so prepare yourself. I'll show you how strong is my love for you.

S- Try me, Marimo. I won't fall for you so easily.

Z- Is that a challenge?

S- Obviously.

[To be continued]