Morning talk

[Zoro's pov]

  Damn... I couldn't get a glimpse of sleep at all. I ended up staying up all night thinking about yesterday.
  I sigh, stepping into the kitchen. As expected, he's already here. Well, it's really early in the morning after all, he usually gets up at this time to get things done.

Z- Good morning.

  He yelps in surprise, turning abruptly to me. Why the fuck did he react like that? Was he lost in thoughts or something?

S- Don't scare me like that!

Z- It wasn't my intention...

S- What are you doing up this early? You usually wake up much later.

  I sigh, sitting down at the dining table,  scratching the back of my neck.

Z- I... couldn't sleep.

S- What? You... couldn't sleep? Why?

  I freeze, looking away from him. It was way to embarassing to admit that I spent all night thinking about how cute he looked when we kissed.

Z- I was... huh... just thinking about... stuff, y'know.

S- I see.

Z- Do you mind if I stay here?

S- If you don't disturb my work, no, I don't mind.

Z- I won't.

S- You better keep your word, or I'll kick you out of my kitchen.

Z- Yeah yeah, I know.

  He turned back to the stove continuing to do his thing. I rest my head on my hand.
  My eyes fell heavy, maybe because I'm really tired. I'm not used to not sleeping.
  I watch his back as he moves around the kitchen, the smell of fresh food rising to my nose. I never noticed how cozy the kitchen was before. It was warm, had just the right almount of light and the smell of his cooking made the place feel comfy and nice.
  Or maybe it's just because he's here...

Z- It smells good.

  I murmur, crossing my arms over the table and resting my head over them

S- Thanks... what's up with you this morning? You never complimented my cooking before.

Z- Ooh yeah... I never did, right?

  I yawn.

Z- Guess I just kept thinking too much about that rivalry thing to actually tell you how much I appreciate you.

S- W-What? What did you just say? You... appreciate me?

Z- Of course I do. You always work so hard and... you're good at anything you do. I actually admire you... a lot.

  He stops what he's doing and turns to face me, I could notice his cheeks slightly red.

S- Do you... really mean it?

Z- I do, seriously.

  He looks away, leaning against the countertop, his hands placed behind his back.

S- I... never thought you actually payed attention to things like that. It sounds so out of character coming from you.

   I tilt my head, looking into his eyes, a soft smile tugging the corners of my lips. I start tracing small circles on the table with my finger before finally speaking again

Z- Why do you think that? Of course I would pay attention to the man I love.

  I say with a soft chuckle.
  My body finally succumbs to tiredness, my eyes slowly closing as I fall into a deep slumber.

[To be continued]

The truth behind your liesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें