Chapter 5

T/W: This chapter contains mature content that may be disturbing for some readers.

I woke up feeling very groggy in a bed I didn't remember falling asleep in. I had a dark blue t-shirt on, that smelled of pine forest and oranges. Atlas t-shirt. I laid on my back, which surprisingly didn't hurt that much. It just had a tingling feeling.

I slightly blushed as I realized he had to carry me over here, and what he might have seen when he put his shirt on me... there wasn't really anything to see but I still felt embarrassed.

"Your awake", I heard Atlas' voice say from his desk. "Yes", I said. "I feel much better now". "That's good to hear", he said. "Rowan told it might still sting a little, and that we should check it once in a while". I only nodded in response.

"You don't need to get up today, I order some breakfast and it should be here any minute now".

Wait, what?

Not later after that, someone knocked on the door. It was a servant who came with breakfast My breakfast. I couldn't contain the happiness that I felt when Atlas handed me a plate of egg and bacon. On one side were a big toast with Nutella, and on the other side were a glass of orange juice.

My mouth watered as I took the first bite of the toast. "It's so good", I told Atlas, and let out a satisfied sigh. He nodded and I saw a smile turning at the corners of his lips.

I finished my meal and was full for the first time in what felt like ever.

Mr. Egg only gave us canned beans, that was often out of date. I didn't want to get sick so sometimes I ate nothing.

One time when I didn't eat it he called me ungrateful. He pulled me out of my cage and whipped me.

I lost count after twelve.

When I didn't crawl back into the cage as he ordered he took out a knife and cut me on my back.

The injury is still visible even though it happened months ago.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

I mostly looked out through the window or silently watched Atlas in secret as he worked.
His hair was very shiny, and I wondered what it would feel like to touch it.

I liked the way his eyes glistened in the sun, and how his lips curved up when he tried to concentrate.

He told me his classes started today and that he'll be heading out by 9 am. It was currently 9:30 so I had the dorm to myself.

I decided to try to get up and look if I could find some books to read.

He had two massive bookshelves that covered one wall. It was a scatterd genre with romance books, history books, fantasy books and sci-fi.

I decided to go with Vampires uprising since I was curious why everything went so wrong. I opened up the book and started reading a page.

The Vampires of different families formed an alliance 2000 years ago. They promised each other to not let the vampire race go extinct. They breed with one another and the vampires became several.

As they became stronger and had more offsprings they figured out that they needed a leader. Someone who could lead and decide things. That's when the first vampire king and queen came into the picture.

The king and queen ruled the country where the vampires dwelled. Eventually the land was to crowded for all of them to live in peace on. They decided to expand and take over the land the humans had. The king and queen send over a group of 30 vampires. 10 turned vampires, 10 pureblooded vampires and 10 general vampires.

The 10 pureblooded vampires felt like it was their land, and they looked at the humans disgusted. The general vampires, whose family tree had a turned vampire in it felt almost as disgusted. The 10 turned vampires were the ones who were the most disgusted of all of them, because it was their fault they had the lowest rank in society.

A turned vampire is a human who has been bitten by a pureblooded vampire and turned into a mix between human and a general vampire.

The vampires dwelled in the dark for almost 800 years before they finally decided to attack, and take over the human's land.

Blood was vital if a vampire wanted to survive. They had always drinked form animals, but found surprisingly good blood in a human body. That's when the lowest humans became what they are known for today, a pet.

The vampires used them as blood bags to have the pleasure of drinking from a living host. The combination of freely flowing blood and the way humans reacted when they realized what happened was a thrilling feeling for a vampire.

Not all humans could be taken in for pets, because they had money and a higher status in society. The vampires knew they had a limited number of humans to feed from, therefore they started the pets industry.

Humans were forced to breed and the offsprings were send away as pets to different places and pet shops.

Some humans managed to get away from the vampires for a short amount of time, but later got caught and made pets. Those humans is today known as rouge. A rouge is more stubborn and disobedient than any other pet, since they had another "life" before the takeover . You should not take light on a rouge pet. They deserve to be put in their place, and if not they should be punished.

After a decade of the vampires attack they controlled the whole continent. Humans were forever scared that one day the vampires were coming for all of them, and not only for the lower groups in society.

I closed the book and felt like I might throw up.  I knew lost of the humans were forced to be pets, but I didn't know they breed for it.

The rest of the day went by and Atlas classes were done. He ordered more food for me and I ate everything he gave me.

I didn't say anything and he worked at his desk. When the sun started to go down in the horizon I decided to get some sleep.

Atlas was still working and I figured I could lend his bed one last time.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

Authors Note

Chapter five done!

I really liked the history-book part of this chapter. I thought we needed some more background information and what everything meant in the vampire world.

I don't know when the next chapter will be out, but I hope you liked this chapter!

And as always,
Vote, comment and share!!

-Blondie

Word count: 1200