6 | day time free time

enjoy 🥰

———

When Y/n awoke in the morning, Kyung Jun was still in her arms. She opened her eyes and watched as he stirred. He sat up properly, leaning his back on the wall.

They'd made it through the night.

The announcement sound came on through the loudspeakers. "During the night, Park Ji Soo was executed by the Mafia. Park Ji Soo was a Citizen. Please identify the Mafia and begin to vote."

Y/n's heart sank. Ji Soo — she must've been with Yoo Joon. She looked at Kyung Jun. He kept his eyes down, then ran a hand through his hair.

Y/n leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes. Memories from yesterday flooded in, the way Kyung Jun beat up Woo Ram, the way he stabbed him with a pen and was about to cut his eye out.

She opened her eyes and glanced at Kyung Jun again. How could her Kyung Jun do something like that? He was mean and annoying, but not like that. Never like that. Or did she just not know it?

"Kyung Jun," Y/n murmured and he finally looked at her. "Yesterday . . . with Woo Ram. What happened?"

Kyung Jun furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?"

"You were so . . . brutal with him," Y/n said, hugging her legs closer and looking ahead. She couldn't look him in the eye, not yet. "Have you ever done anything like this?"

"I haven't," Kyung Jun immediately said. "Y/n, I promise, I haven't." She still didn't look at him. He grabbed her shoulder and gently angled her towards himself. "Believe me, please."

Y/n looked into his eyes. "I believe you," she said, putting a hand on his cheek. "But why did you do it now? I thought you'd only hit him a few times, I never—"

"I was scared," he whispered and took a gulp. "Once they started voting for me, I was scared they'd vote me out and I'd die. And then when Woo Ram didn't say anything I panicked. He's a damn Mafia scum, he deserved—"

"But we didn't know that." Y/n cut him off. "We didn't know he was a Mafia for sure. What if he wasn't? What if you . . . fuck what's the word, um, tortured him for nothing?"

Kyung Jun closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, but he didn't answer. Y/n sighed and put a hand on his shoulder. "Kyung Jun, baby, I know this is a dangerous game, I know our lives are at risk, but yesterday, that was insane. Please, just— don't resort to this kind of stuff unless necessary? You're not that kind of person Kyung Jun, I know you."

He still didn't speak. Y/n leaned her head on his shoulder and put a hand on his knee, drawing circles on it.

"I'll win this," Kyung Jun suddenly spoke, causing Y/n to raise her head and look at him. "I'll win this and I'll get us out of here . . . At all cost."

Y/n gulped. She wasn't sure how much she liked the sound of that.

"Okay," Y/n whispered. "Before you go uncover all the Mafia, can we stay for a bit? Please?"

Without a word, Kyung Jun brought her into his lap and held her close. Y/n took his hand, the one with the bracelet, and played with it. It was nothing special, just two matching bracelets she'd bought when she'd gone to her home country for the holidays two years prior. She thought it'd be funny and Kyung Jun wouldn't like it, but he's worn it every day since.

"Kyung Jun."

"Hm?"

"When we go home, can we go to that arcade near your house? I was there with Yoon Seo a few days ago and they had this really cute Pokémon plushie in the claw machines," Y/n explained as she leaned her head on his shoulder and continued toying with his bracelet. "Do you know Pipplup? The cute penguin? I really want it."