Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It's a Christmas miracle. (me updating this story) Merry Christmas, everyone. Sorry that this chapter is shorter than others, just wanted to update it before the new year.

Why did I offer to go with Diamond? I just screwed my life up more. Were thoughts going through Callie's head. She was kicking herself over her stupidity when she heard a knock on the door.

She sighed. "Come in." She called out.

"Callie, can we please talk?"

"I guess so," Callie said and sat up.

Stef walked into the room and closed the door behind her. "What's going on, Cal? Why did you walk away from me?"

Callie looked at her mother, shocked that she didn't know her own mistake. Callie, too tired for any argument, just went with a non-sarcastic response that would result in a fight between the duo. "You were more focused on Diamond last night than me." Callie told her, getting to the point, "I needed a hug, and you wouldn't even focus on me long enough to realize I was falling apart last night. You were more concerned about berating me." Callie watched Stef's face change from one of confusion to one of realization.

"Oh, my god." Stef looked at Callie. "I was just so worried that something happened to you, and I am so sorry I didn't think to comfort you before going off on you." Stef walked over to Mariana's bed and sat down, knowing that Callie wouldn't want her near her right now. "I'd offer to hug you now, but I have a feeling you don't want that."

Callie looks up at Stef and sees her looking down at her hands and tries to hold in her emotions, not wanting to break down in front of her.

"I am sorry, Cal. I know you may not forgive me yet, but I am sorry. And I know I can't say that enough after last night, but I promise you it's true." Stef told her, watching her eldest daughter cross her arms against her chest, trying to comfort herself. "Cal," Stef waits for her to raise her head, "Callie?" Stef gets up off the bed. "Listen, I'm gonna go into Mama's and I's room, if you want to continue our chat or just want a cuddle, feel free to come in, okay? You won't be interrupting me or be a bother." Stef paused, sighing internally when she didn't reply, "Well, I'll go now." Stef said, walking out of the room, and closing the door behind her. Stef walks down the hall to her and Lena's room and sighs when she finally closes the door to her bedroom and sees her wife sitting on the bed.

Lena raised an eyebrow "So? How did it go?" Stef just closed her eyes and brought a hand up to rub her forehead and sat down on the bed next to her wife. "How bad?" Lena asked, standing up and sitting on the chair across from the bed.

Stef sighed again "I really messed up, Lena."

"At least you know it." Lena tried to joke but just got a glare in response.

"Lena, the lecture I gave, going over the words in my head." Stef shakes her head. "I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Saying those words to Callie?" Stef rests her elbows on her thighs and head in her hands. "She needed support and all I did was berate her when things could have been so much worse last night. I hate that I did that to her."

"Stef, look at me." Lena reached a hand out to grab Stef's. "While you could've done things differently last night, you can't go back. You can only move forward, okay?" Stef nods her head once, "I could've stopped her as soon as she walked in the door last night with you, but I didn't and that was as dumb a move on you as it is on me, okay? We didn't realize what our daughter needed but we do now." Lena told her, bringing a hand to Stef's chin and making her look her in the eyes, "We need to talk to her together, okay? We all need to be on the same page, plus we have to figure out what to tell the rest of the kids."

"I told Cal that she could come in here tonight if she needed to talk. We can figure out everything today, hopefully," Stef said, causing Lena to look at the clock on her side table.

"Wow. Time flew by today." Lena said, "Jude's eyes are looking better. Mariana, Jesus and Brandon all went out for the day after they had breakfast, so they'll probably be home around dinner time." Lena told her. "I think I'm going to have a nap, just let me know if Callie comes by?"

Just as Lena was finishing her question there was a knock on the bedroom door and Lena let out a huff and fell back on the bed. "Come in, Cal" Stef called, amused by her wife's antics.

The couple watched the doorknob turn slowly and saw Callie appear slowly, "Sweets, you can come in. It's okay. We weren't doing anything."

Callie took a visible deep breath and walked into the room, closing the door behind herself.

"I want to talk."

"Okay, we-" Stef stops as soon as Callie raises a hand to stop her.

"-No. I need to talk. I need to get all this out, so please. Let me get through this. No interruptions." Callie raised an eyebrow at her mom's. "Deal?"

Stef and Lena look at each other and have one of their silent conversations and then turn to Callie. "Deal" "Deal," they said at the same time.

Callie nodded. "Good. Now,

Again, wanted to give you an update as a Christmas present from me. Merry Christmas and Goodnight 😊 It's 2am as I write this and I'm watching The Polar Express and other Christmas movies right now. NOW, about THIS story, I won't be able to update until I find time to watch a couple episodes just to check that I'll have details correct. (I think I'm a decent writer like that) anyways, rant over. Hope you liked it.