Chapter one

Callie's heart dropped when she saw her mom hug everyone but her. She mumbled something about going upstairs to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed - half expecting someone to stop her - but as Callie walked up the stairs to the bathroom all her siblings share she couldn't help but shed a few tears and put a hand over her mouth so no one could hear her sobs. Once she got to the bedroom she quickly grabbed a pair of sweats and her mom's old SDPD hoodie that stef had given to her to help to try to make her feel safe after the whole Liam situation and made her way into the bathroom - locking all the doors to the jack & Jill bathroom so there was no chance of anyone walking in.

Callie sat down in the now water filled tub and just thought about how her mom didn't even hug her when she found her and was showing more comfort to Diamond than her own daughter. She wouldn't have even been in this mess if it weren't for Diamond. As those thoughts are running through her head tears begin to run down her face once more. It brings her back to the first night she had stayed with the Fosters. With her bruised side and her cut lip. She couldn't stop the sobs from coming out.

She was so tired. So she quickly washed her hair and body in the tub, dried off and then got dressed and made her way out of the bathroom after unlocking all the doors and moved into the room and onto her bed. She fell onto it without saying a word to Mariana who seemed to already be asleep after the drama at the school had tired her out.

Callie tried to close her eyes and sleep but nothing was working so she just turned to face the wall and stared at it while gripping her mom's hoodie, trying to find strength by wearing it but it wasn't helping to cease her sobs. She eventually cried herself to sleep at 2am and when her alarm went off at 9am she swigged her feet onto the floor and made her way down to the kitchen.

When she saw that neither her mom or mama was in the kitchen she breathed a sigh of relief, not wanting to deal with any more lectures and decided to skip her morning coffee and instead grab some orange juice and made her way out back and sat on one of the couches. She raised the glass to her lips and just took a sip when she heard the glass door slide open. She put the glass down and just sighed. Damn it Callie thought. She just wanted some time to herself.

"Hey Cal, what are you doing out here so early?" She heard her mama ask while sitting on the couch across from her.

"I didn't think 9am was considered early?" Callie said back and Lena gave her a look "sorry I didn't mean to add attitude to that." She paused. "The alarm on my phone went off and I figured I should get up even if it's a little early for a Saturday."

Lena nodded "I noticed you're not drinking coffee this morning," Lena raised her eyebrow.

"Just didn't feel like drinking any. Wanted something cold to drink." Callie paused "plus I do have orange juice occasionally" Callie explained with a small grin on her face. “and I know you don’t really like me drinking it.”

“Yeah, you’re right about that. It’s just that it can come with so many health problems when you’re young.” Lena said, grinning at her while Callie just nods as she picks her glass of orange juice back up. “So you never answered me.” Lena paused, seeing if her daughter would look up at her “what are you doing out here?” Callie just shrugs. Lena looks over Callie, seeing if something was wrong with her daughter physically or if she was just mentally withdrawn. She saw that her daughter was wearing shorts and saw a small scratch near her knee and another one further down her leg as well. She looked at the hoodie and briefly wondered if she was wearing it because Stef had given it to her after the whole Liam situation or if she just wanted something warm to wear since they were still in winter. Then she looked up at her daughter's face. She saw that the right side of her daughter's face was clear of any marks or anything else but she looked to the left side and Lena saw that Callie’s hair was covering it. “Callie,” no response or movement from Callie, “Callie, can you please look up at me?” It took a minute but when Callie’s eyes found Lena’s, Lena wiped a tear that had fallen and her breath got caught in her throat “Oh Bug, what happened?” Lena asked when she saw that Callie had a scratch and a bruise around her left eye. Lena gently moved her hair so it was behind her ear. “Cal?” She said, trying to get her daughter to talk.