Battle Nexus R US

(Don't watch video til you see the bold words)

Dear Diary,

Ah, Another day here in New York. It's a quiet peaceful day, the sun is shining, freshly cooked pizza wafts in the air, and pigeons feed hungrily on bread that old ladies and men feed them. Yep so relaxing City...

"Guys, guys, get a photo of me dropping a Hibernator on Big Spikey and Big Blinky and Jolly Green Torch guy" Raph sat excitedly while posing in front of each building/monument.

Ugh, which is what I would be saying if I wasn't on top of the Empire State Building observation deck.

I close my diary quickly after Raph's body slams a trash can and gets trash juices all over my hoodie.

"Ew gross...April why are we up here anyway?" I say slightly annoyed.

"This family needs to learn more about its hometown, which is why I entered us in a citywide photo scavenger hunt. And we're gonna WIN!" April says sure of herself.

We head into the elevator and take a look at the scavenger hunt list.

"So what do we win? When we win?" Asks Mikey

"Street Cred. The only currency that matters in this city" Splints answers

"And we'll do it with our special brand of teamwork-- where my brothers do all the work but we share equal credit," Leo says

I roll my eyes and punch him in the shoulders playfully.

"Not gonna happen this time buddy," I say while folding my arms

I feel eyes on me and I look back to see Donnie looking at me. When our eyes lock he pulls his hood down to cover his eyes. The past couple of weeks have been a bit awkward between us. Donnie isn't big on talking about his feelings not even Doctor Feelings could get him to cough it up.

*Flashback*

⚠️Trigger warning mentions of violence, guns, and blood⚠️

(Re-read chapter 13 if you need a refresher)

"Let's get to work," Donnie says after pulling down his mystic goggles

"Give me all you got Don Tron" I smirk

"Oh I plan to, my sweet Aqua" He chuckles

We go into a deep part of the lair where Donnie tests his more or less lethal experiments. A huge soundproof room, titanium encased, several stories high, with several stairs, ramps, poles, entrances, and tunnels.

"Ready when you are," I say while getting into a fighting stance.

He pulls out his tech bo and presses a button, it turns into a rubber bullet gun and he starts shooting. Before I could react my body took over and my body became elastic catapulting the bullets back at Donnie. He easily dodges them and the ones he misses he walks away with his tech bo.

"Interesting, indeed." He ponders

"Let's kick it up a notch, let's pretend I'm an evil alien race that wants to enslave Earth and all the planets in the galaxy and beyond" Evil laughs.

"Well you asked for it," Donnie says while pushing another button and starting to shoot lasers at me.

I dodge the lasers and what I don't dodge my body can absorb and shoot back at Jim 10 times more powerful. It was fun to see how much my body could take. I end up tripping and tumbling into Donnie, knocking him over and falling on top of him. Our faces are close together, and we both blush darkly as we realize the position we are in I take notice of his hands on my hips to catch me as I fall. His large hands were cold but not the freezing kind and they felt nice on my hips.