chapter 13

the rest of the school week went as quickly as it came.

the past few days felt like the same thing; trying to remember where all my classes were and spending time with my friends. luckily, most of my classes hadn't started giving a lot of actual class work or homework.

i still planned to meet with the guy from the music store today, but before that, i had plans to hang out with ash for a little while.

as i laid on my comfy bed, procrastinating getting up, i heard my phone buzz.

> y/nnnnnn
> are u awake ??????

i smiled at ash's message.

< i am now lmao

> yay
> i'll be there in an hour
> is that good ?

< yeah
< see u then❤️

i took her message as a sign to get my ass out of bed. after doing my usual makeup, i picked out an outfit for the day.

(pic is mine)

(pic is mine)

perfect. i looked presentable and decently comfy.

while waiting for ash, i decided to get some practice in. i picked up my guitar and began strumming it mindlessly. as my fingers pressed down on the frets, i was reminded of me and sal's little moment a few days ago. playing the guitar for sal was different. i still couldn't figure out why. god, and watching him play? he looked straight out of a movie or some shit.

as i began to get more lost in my thoughts, my stomach churned a little bit.

i sat up and held my face with my palms. "fuck." after smoothing out my hair and drinking from the cup of water on my bedside table, i collected my thoughts. ash should be here any minute.

as if the universe heard my inner monologue, i heard a knock from my front door. i left up from my bed and went to answer it. when i opened the door, ash looked up from her phone and smiled happily.

"hey y/n!" ash wrapped her arms around me. "you all ready to go? i've been looking forward to this all day."

i grinned back at her and hugged her back. "mhm, i'm ready. you didn't have to come all this way to get me, y'know."

"yeeeeah, but i didn't wanna make you walk down all alone."

i exited my apartment and locked the door behind me. "heh, thanks." i loved the little ways that ash could make me smile.

once we had made it back down to ash's car, i got into the passengers seat and shut the door. first time being up front.

"isn't it so much more calmer in here when all the guys aren't with us?" ash giggled and started up the car.

"for sure. this car seems so small with everyone in here."

"larry had the audacity to tell me that 'i needed a bigger car' one time. like, give me some damn money and maybe i will." ash plugged in her aux cord and connected her music. "alright, what do you wanna listen to? i always try to have the person in the passenger seat choose the music." she handed me her phone for me to choose a song.