chapter 6

"i'll be with ash, larry, sal, and todd. y'know, the ones from before."

mom was doing her mandatory interrogation about the party.

she sighed, and went back to typing on her computer. "all right. just text me your whereabouts when you arrive and leave the party." i think she was pretty used to me going out before already.

i smiled victoriously and went back to my room. swinging open the closet door, i sorted through my clothing, looking for black and red.

 swinging open the closet door, i sorted through my clothing, looking for black and red

(pic created by me)

this should be fine.

i laid out the clothes i picked out and looked at the clock. 3:15. it was probably a good time to start getting ready, if ash was coming over at 6.

grabbing a towel, i walked over to the bathroom and stripped all my clothes off. turning on the water, i stepped into the shower and let the warm water consume me. after i had gone through my little routine, i stepped out of the shower, wrung out my hair, and put on a baggy shirt and shorts, sitting down at my vanity.

***

i applied the last finishing touches to my makeup. i put red glitter on my eyelids over my usual smudged black cat eye. and finally, dark red lip gloss. over the course of the 3 hours, i had finally finished getting ready. i decided to do two half up pig tails on the crown of my head.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

must be ash. i hastily made it to the door and opened it for her.

"hey, y/n! holy shit, you look good. i bet you'll get all the guys drooling over you." ash beamed at me while walking through the door.

i chuckled at her compliment. "please, i don't know about that. you look really pretty too, ash."

ash wore a black sweater that was covered in holes and was extremely tattered. but it worked out, and her red tank top was visible underneath. she had on black converse, with black fishnets under her ripped jean shorts. ash also curled her hair, and had a similar smudged eyeliner look.

ash giggled, and we made our way to my room.

"oooh, i should've known your room would be just as cool as you are. i wish my parents let me decorate how i want." ash's eyes sparkled at the sight of my room.

"i'm happy to hear that you like it." i smiled warmly at her.

ash blew a kiss at me, then flipped open her phone. "okay, we should probably leave and meet them soon. larry said they would try to be out by 6:30."

"what time is it now?"

"6:15."

i nodded my head in return, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"larry and sal are usually at least 10 minutes late whenever i ask them to meet me somewhere. todd usually is there on time, though. we can just wait by my car for thing one and thing two."