Chapter 6: Stipulations

The morning sun had risen over Beacon Hills, starting off the day for all its inhabitants. The same sentiment applied to those of the Beowulf household with its matriarch awakening within her queen sized bed and pressing the snooze button to her alarm before it rang.

Elizabeth sat up in her bed and thought back to the previous night with a smile adorning her face. It may not have ended the way she wanted, but she felt her relationship with Melissa had grown and the feelings they had begun to share for each other were apparent.

She got up and exited her room, walking down the stairs and making her way to the kitchen, beginning to make herself a cup of coffee.

"Hello, children." Elizabeth greeted, turning around to face the adult and teenagers sitting around the counter across from her.

Jade, Ruby, Derek, Scott, and Stiles all sat around the counter and they all seemed to be waiting for her. Elizabeth could smell the remnants of human blood from her daughters and she concluded those humans to be hunters because of the crossbow placed on the counter in front of Ruby. Derek was irritable and tapped his foot impatiently while both Scott and Stiles garnered a mix of emotions pertaining to be fear, confusion, and nervousness.

"Morning, mama." Ruby greeted with a smile.

"How'd you sleep?" Jade asked.

"As well as I would hope." Elizabeth replied, "And you?"

Jade gestured to Scott and Stiles with a sigh, "It was a long night."

"Full moons tend to garner such a reputation." Elizabeth agreed as she looked at Derek, "I believe it is about time for that talk, correct?"

"No time like the present." Derek said with a nod as his foot tapping slowed, his mind becoming at ease at the prospect of finally discussing what had to be discussed.

Elizabeth smiled at Scott and Stiles, "And how are you two doing?"

Scott remained quiet as he stared down at his lap with a clouded mind whilst Stiles smiled back at her nervously and cleared his throat.

"W-well, uh, I-I guess we're fine, maybe not so much Scott, but I am, okay, maybe not..." Stiles spoke.

"Stiles," Ruby said, gaining his attention, and sending him a comforting smile, "Breathe."

Stiles slowly nodded and let out a breath as he looked back at Elizabeth, "We're not okay right now."

"Oh?" Elizabeth asked with a quirked eyebrow, "And what is it that is troubling you?"

"Well-" Stiles was about to answer, but Scott beat him to it as he finally spoke up.

"I'm a werewolf." Scott stated, looking up from his lap and into her eyes, "So are you. And Ruby, and Jade, and Derek. Everyone in this room, besides Stiles, is a monster."

"Ouch." Ruby commented.

"Hey, listen, teen wolf, these monsters saved your ass last night, alright?" Jade retorted, "A "thank you" would be better appreciated than calling us names."

"Yeah, thanks...for murdering two people in the most gruesome way possible." Scott said sarcastically.

"They saved your life, Scott. A lot of Betas don't get people watching out for them like that." Derek told him.

"Saved my life? Saved my life!?" Scott exclaimed, "Did it ever occur to you that my life is over!? I didn't want this! Last night I turned into a monster that only ever wanted to rip whatever was in front of me apart! I was losing control of myself by the second and the reason I didn't hurt anybody was because-"