She had a grin on her face "you will lose Benjamin," she said positively.

"Blue, I don't need your bad energy right now." In a quick motion he grabbed the piece, and as the end corner left its position the tower fell.

With her legs crossed, Nora fell back, clapping and laughing at her loser husband.
Ben let out an annoyed grunt. He thought he actually got it this time. It's the third time he has lost. "You know what, let's go again," he said, picking up the pieces.

Nora looked at her husband with love as he stacked the wooden pieces again. She got on all fours, getting closer to him and kissed his cheek, "I love you."

She grabbed his face, their noses touching,  "I love the face you make when I win. Let's go again." She smiled at her husband, pushing herself back to her original position.   

Eric didn't know how to back away from the couple; he looked to his wife for help, but she was asleep on the sofa with their son on her side, resting his head on her big belly.

Time had passed, and it was time to eat. The big family was sitting down. The food that they made was in the middle.

The twins were the first ones to grab food. "Kids don't make a mess," Julia told her teenagers.

With his elbow, Quinn hit Priscilla. "Yeah, Priscilla, don't make a mess," he teased.

The teen placed her spoon on his plate, grabbing a spoonful of his food. She laughed as she brought the spoon to her mouth. Before they could start a fight, there was a knock on their door.

They weren't expecting anyone. Steve got up, looking at his wife with a confused expression.

As everyone continued eating, Julia looked to where Steve had gone to, from where she was she couldn't see the front door.

She knew the danger was long gone, but the nightmares were still a reminder of what they had lived through. There was always that thought in the back of her head that he could return. She tense up as Steve took a second longer to return, but Steve came back with a smile.

"Son," he called out. His two biological sons and his two sons in law turned around to face him.

"Otis," he clarified. "There's someone here for you." Otis got up with hope in his eyes. As Steve smiled at his oldest son Otis' smile grew.

Ten minutes later, Otis returned, but not alone. Marisol was with him; they were both holding hands, and their cheeks were a crimson color.

"Come on in, Marisol," Steve said, bringing a chair to his son's seat. The pair sat next to each other both with a smile from ear to ear.

The big family talked and laughed. They all enjoyed their company and were grateful for the health of everyone. Steve gently caressed Julias knee as the older woman looked at her children.

Tears were forming in her eyes, grateful with her life for bringing Steve into her life and forming an extraordinary family with him. She didnt know how much she wanted this until she experienced all her firsts with Steve.

Once the family were done eating, they went to the living room, where the presents lay under the big christmas tree.

Soon enough, the floor was covered with wrapping paper. The siblings hugged and laughed at the presents the younger siblings had gifted them. They thought it would be funny to give everyone toilet paper and toothbrushes.

Everything was going great until something spilled. Steve was getting ready to blame the twins when all eyes were on Melody. Her water broke.

Steve had gone through this multiple times years ago, he forgot what to do and panicked. His little girl was going to give birth soon. He was going to be a grandfather again.

While Steve was rushing to get towels, Eric stayed by her wife's side.

Marisol grabbed a sleepy Sean.

Julia helped her daughter get into her car; Eric was turning pale and was in no condition to drive. Ben volunteered to take them but the whole family wanted to stick together; they all squished in the car.

Julia dragged Steve to the second car, not wanting to miss the birth of her second grandchild.

The hospital was decorated, the nurses were wearing christmasy scrubs.

The hours went fast as they all waited in the lobby. They were the only family there.

Julia knew the feeling of giving birth. She knew her daughter was scared the first time but felt more prepared the second time.

Steve paced back and forth, intertwining his hands.

Priscilla and Quinn were sleeping. The chairs were not as uncomfortable as they had imagined.

Otis and Marisol, with a sleepy two year old, went to the cafeteria to look for some coffee.

Nora and Ben were talking of the possibility of being in the same position as her sister in a few years.

Two hours later, the doctor came out and told them everything was fine.

The three of them were healthy. Eric almost passed out but was able to compose himself.

Melody was tired but happy with the new addition of the family. She wanted to see her parents and introduce her baby.

Quietly, the couple went into the room. They saw their daughter. Her hair was messy; her pretty dress was changed for a hospital gown. In her arms was a baby.

Steve rushed to her side and kissed his daughter's sweaty head. "Good job, Mellow."

She looked up at her father and smiled a tear running down the side of her face.

"I want to introduce my first daughter Julianna Stevie Brooks," she announced to her parents.

The older pair looked at their daughter in admiration and gratitude.

"Aww, Mellow," her mother said with teary eyes. She hugged her daughter without crushing her first granddaughter.

Julia carried little Julianna. Steve stood behind her, his right hand on her right shoulder. It was like looking at Melody all those years ago. "She looks just like you, Mellow," Steve said proudly, looking at his daughter.

"Really," Melody let out a small sob. Eric held her hand and kissed her cheek.

"We love you so much, sweet little Julianna," Steve said.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜!

𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎! 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢💜