"Excuse me, sir!!" He was sitting on the chair. He looked at me, "Yes!". "What are you doing here? Are you feeling alright?" he asked. He sounds more polite than him. I sat opposite him. "Much better"-"actually, that officer ask me to get help from you", I pointed out at Ranvijay, and he smiled. "Sure!!"

"Sir, should we need to stay here along with you guys for the orientation programme-I mean, inside the camps, the weather is so cold", I asked, and he smiled. "It wouldn't be as hard as it looks like", he said. "Hmm!!" i sighed.

"So which year are you studying?" he looked at me. "3rd year completed, and I entered the 4th year", he smiled. "Well done, so are you preparing yourself for a resident doctor or do you want to join the army?" I looked at him. "I want to join the army", I chuckled.

"Wow, Kashish, I'm impressed- so you shouldn't be worried about where you have to stay. All you should know is how you can fulfil your responsibilities", he said. He is a true gentleman. Oh god! He is like light in the allure of darkness.

"You are right, sir, how politely you explained all this to me", I said. I was just overwhelmed by his demeanor. "Isn't the army going to have a beautiful surgeon?" He chuckled and I giggled. He was complimenting me. "Really!!- thank you sir"

"Your eye colour is rare", he said. He leaned forward to me, "And that's enhanced your beauty more", he chuckled and I let out a big laugh. He is a darling, I must say. "If you don't mind sir, can I ask your name?" I said. "I'm Major Arjun Rathore"

"Are you married?" I said and he nodded. "In fact, I have a lovely daughter", he exclaimed in joy. "Aww!! So sweet", I curled my lips. "Btw, what have you cooked for dinner? I'm hungry, sir", I asked low in breath. "Khichdi," he said.

The khichdi instantly dropped my smile. "What!!".

"All students have been injured and Dr. Pranav gave us instructions to give healthy food to all of you, so you have to eat it", he said. I can understand the doctor's concern, but I hate khichdi.

"You are so polite, sir, then why is he so rude and arrogant?" I said while pointing out to Ranvijay. "Don't you think he is so rigid and khadoos as well? I mean, he literally scolded me", I said but his expression was like he knew about it already.

Ranvijay was sitting far away from me. But he was gazing at me without blinking his eyes. First time a man gazes forced me to dropped my eyes in shyness.

"Ranvijay is a bit strict and aggressive officer but he has a good heart. He doesn't talk to anyone much, that's why everyone finds him arrogant", he explained him while my eyes again automatically met to ranvijay.

"Really, he is a good man-well, it's hard to digest", I said in a breathy voice. And the best part is that Ranvijay was still talking angrily to some officers.

"Well, you don't know that he is a brilliant officer in our battalion. His strict and rude demeanour is enough for enemies to gulps their breaths. I'm proud to be his friend", he said while having so much pride for him.

He might be the best officer, for sure, as I have never experienced him before. But from my perspective, he should be polite to civilians as well.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

It's been one week since we stayed in Manikaran. The night's weather was as cold as it's frozen the body like ice. It was 1:30 p.m., and I somehow hoaxed the soldier to make a call. I was talking to Vikrant. "Okay, I'll call you later, bye", I dropped the call.

I turned my heels while my eyes were pinned to Instagram. I got flinched as someone was standing behind me. "Ahhh!!" I threw my phone in the air. I screamed and was about to land on the ground, but he clenched my waist in his arms.