SPECIAL 4 - The Day My Boyfriend got Sick

June was the start of the rainy season when it was in full swing. That was the season that gave headaches to office workers living in capital cities like Bangkok. Without rain, traffic on the road was already quite jammed. If, on any day, it happened to rain in the morning or after work, it was even worse. Not to mention that when it rained, we had to deal with "still water" waiting to flow onto the streets. Even though I left my house at six in the morning, I didn't even know whether I would arrive at half past eight or not.

I didn't think of it as a good, balanced life that way.

"Fuck! My car is in bad shape."

My boyfriend muttered angrily as he walked to explore the condition of his car which had just gone through the monsoon rains and floods amidst the rain that continued to fall since early morning. Due to the heavy rain, traffic was more congested than usual. Before arriving at the office building, we were worried. One level of the car park had been closed for renovation work, resulting in a reduction in parking spaces. When we arrived, the inside of the building was completely occupied. Therefore, we had to park in the courtyard next to the office building which was instead an open space. Also, King had had his car glassed* at the shop the day before, so today we got to celebrate by driving through floods and parking the car in rain and shine for a long time.

(* The car body is coated with liquid glass which helps prevent scratches, etc.)

"King, let's go up to the office." I called the other person to come under the same umbrella when I saw King still mourning the condition of his car. Even though the rain wasn't that heavy at the moment, it was still heavy enough to soak our clothes.

"Fuck. Look here. Where does this mud come from? I'll be damned."

"We'll clean it later. Let's go to the office first." I told him and walked over to him to lend him the side of the umbrella as I realized King wasn't going to come to me that easily.

"All right. Fuck. I'm already bored early in the morning."

The tall figure pulled the umbrella out of my hand and held it for me. His face was still full of frustration. We entered the office building, took the elevator up to our office floor, and scanned our cards just in time for the start of business hours. However, it looked like the others weren't as lucky as us because more than half the people in the department hadn't made it to the office, including Jade. As I entered, I heard someone say that the BTS Skytrain system was out of order. It meant it would be a long time before Jade could arrive.

"King, dry your hair first." I told him as soon as I got to my desk. I looked at my beloved's hair which was damp from the rain. King had been walking around the car for a long time. I had called him into the umbrella, but he had not crawled under it, so his hair and his clothes were noticeably wet.

"They will dry on their own." He brushed his hair with his hand and answered me absently.

"If you don't dry your hair, you'll catch a cold."

"I will not do that. I'm super strong." He winked at me to tell me not to worry, but he didn't convince me at all.

"You're soaked, and you're in a cold room with air conditioning. If you get a fever, I won't feel sorry for you." I frowned at the person who refused to take my caution seriously and sighed at my boyfriend's stubborn attitude.

Normally, if he had gotten a bit of rain like this, I wouldn't have worried about him too much because King trained regularly, so he was fit. Since we had started working together, he had never even been on sick leave to actually be sick, not counting political sick days. But in the last week the programmers had worked hard. An app was in development, so King had to stay at work until midnight or 1 a.m. several days in a row. And when he got wet in the rain like this, I couldn't help but worry about him.