Chapter 15 - A Fraction of Feelings (M)

The holiday passed quickly like a dream. Then Monday morning arrived and we all returned to the reality of dealing with piles of work as usual. However, I felt more relaxed following that year's company outing than in previous times. It could have been because no one had bothered me, meaning that the people who hit on me weren't around me, or it could have been that King hadn't gotten on my nerves like he had every year before that, so there was nothing that had bothered me. gave me a headache as I had imagined.

Well, actually, there was one thing...

The alarm clock app on my phone woke me up at dawn like every other day. Having just woken up from a dream, I reached out to turn off the alarm and get out of bed. I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom to shower and get dressed to get ready for work. Before closing the bathroom door, my eyes caught a glimpse of my bedmate lying still. That image made me bite my lip, thinking.

Since we had returned from Koh Samet, I could feel that something had changed. King often came to sleep in my apartment. He came three times a week as we had agreed, but instead of doing things as usual, he just said that he was tired, he checked the weather to see if it would rain and then he simply slept. The next day, he did the same thing. From spending three nights a week in bed together, he now spent almost every evening at my house. As for teasing me, he still did it sometimes, but he didn't do it to the point of irritating me as much as before, and I felt like he was looking at me more often. There was something in those eyes that I couldn't quite understand, and that made me lose my mind and start to fear looking him straight in the eyes.

When we had sex, King often looked me in the eyes. The tenderness that shone in those sharp eyes almost made me think we were a real couple.

It was so dangerous for my heart.

I had tried not to think about it, but things had become more difficult because of King's actions. There had been several times I wanted to ask him, but I was afraid it might just have been my imagination. King could have cared for all of his sexual partners equally, or even if it hadn't been my imagination, it still wouldn't have been possible.

Love and affection can grow and they can also fade. I dedicated my whole heart to love. When I loved someone, I never reserved any part of my heart for any pain. I wanted to love someone who would love me forever, but I wasn't sure how long King would be able to love someone.

Can a playboy who doesn't want to commit like him really settle down with someone? In my experience, it is almost impossible. Or if it were remotely possible, could someone like me actually tie him down?

I wasn't confident in the slightest.

The cold water jet from the shower poured over my body. I temporarily put all those annoying thoughts behind me and immediately took a shower. Once it was over, I went back to the room to wake up the person who was still sleeping in the bed. The tall boy opened his eyes and sat sleepily on the bed for a while before getting up and going to the bathroom, while I quickly dressed and waited for him in the living room.

In less than ten minutes, King emerged from the bathroom with a towel tied around his waist. My eyes met his broad, tanned back with water droplets scattered all over it. Cosmetically speaking, the muscles on that back looked really nice and it would have been a perfect picture if it wasn't for the red scratches on it.

I stared at King's back and unconsciously looked down at my fingers.

"Uea, what color do you think I should wear today?" King, who had already put on his pants but was still topless, showing off his muscles, poked his head out of the bedroom to ask me. I looked at him for a while and replied, "Any color you want."