Chapter Fifty Two

Start from the beginning

"Oh shit, I didn't mean to assume... I just thought with the land you would want to," Oliver says with a sheepish look. "I'm just trying to show support and I shove my foot on my mouth. I'm good at that."

"No!" I say with a laugh. "You didn't, it's nice of you to do that."

"Yeah," Hunter agrees.

It's a little awkward the air between the three of us but not full of tension and anger and that's progress. 

"I would love to move in now," I shift my gaze to Hunter. "We're not an average couple considering our history. To some, it may seem fast, but to me it feels right."

"Same here, Darlin," Hunter says with a soft smile. "The newer models are great. We can make sure to get one with a big kitchen."

I start feeling a little giddy, the words big kitchen will do that to a girl.

"I can get you a deal on one," Oliver says.

"Of course, you can," I laugh at that. "You know everyone now."

"Seriously, Oliver, you're like the guy now," Hunter agrees with a short laugh.

"Hunter, you can call me Olly, I mean if you want, I get if you don't want to..." He trails off. "I wasn't always much of a friend to you."

"Not always," Hunter agrees. "But I could have handled things better, and holding animosity towards you never did me any good."

"Me neither", Oliver agrees with a sigh. "When things were so bad." He looks at me, and then away quickly, but the tension has lessened now that we've talked about it. "It'd have been nice to talk to you. I think... in some ways, that was part of it, I was jealous of you two of the feelings you had for each other, but I was also feeling like I lost you both as best friends to each other. You two against me so I got more and more defensive, or offensive I guess."

"I get how it felt that way," Hunter says quietly. "It's how it was. I didn't hide that I was on her side. I thought back then you had no reason to be jealous you had her, it made me all pissed and annoyed. But now that we're older, I get it and I'm sorry for the way things went down."

"I am too," Oliver says. "I really missed you, so many times I wanted to call you in life. Even years later It's crazy."

"Yeah, same here," Hunter says. "I even have our old play station, still."

"Really?" Oliver eyes light up and Hunter grins eagerly.

"Marathon as soon as the trailer is here," Hunter says.

"Yes!" Oliver agrees. 

The smile on my face is getting bigger and bigger as I envision them on the couch playing.

"So, new beginnings and all that cheesy stuff?" Oliver asks with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah Olly, that sounds good to me," Hunter says, and Oliver grins almost as big as I am.

"Great, then, Hunt," Oliver says, he holds out his fist for a fist bump but instead Hunter pulls him and hugs him.

Now I'm tearing up as. I run over to join them, and we stand in a silly little group hug for several moments.

I wipe my eyes as we part and see they both look as emotional as me.

"I better get going, just came up to talk to you two," Oliver says as he tries to hide his teary eyes. "I just wanted you both to know I am happy for you. No hard feelings. Things are... how they should be now."

"Thank you, Olly," Hunter says.

"Thanks," I sniffle.

"Right, well, I need to get James and his crew flights booked. You can handle the rest of the duplex project, right?" Oliver asks Hunter who starts nodding.