jealousy - 009

●○●○●○●

●○●○●○●

Kairi swims through the cold waters, tracking down Zoro and the rest of the crew. She was well aware that they had entered a foggy place, worried that her friends might get lost - she decided that she would find them as fast as she could.

When she saw the bottom of the ship from under the water, she let out a sigh of relief - closing in on the ship before making a large wave that pushed her out from the waters and then ending up landing on the ship's floors, catching Usopp's attention.

Usopp who saw Kairi landing on the board, was partly soaked as Kairi still has her ear fins out. Since it was still foggy, Usopp thought Kairi was some sort of a ghost as he started screaming and catching the other's attention, "GHOST!! THERE'S A GHOST!!!"

"Relax. It's just me." Kairi sighed, shaking her head as her hair got dry pretty quickly and her ear fins morphed into human ears. Usopp looked so scared that he fell while the others ran towards where the two were.

"W-What the hell!??" Usopp yelled out, shocked at Kairi who he could see clearly. The bottom part of her dress was a little bit soaked still while her legs were wrapped with new bandages.

Zoro pulled Usopp to his feet by force, "Relax, have you never seen a sea maiden before?"

"N-No! Besides, I thought you were inside the cabin or something!" Usopp replied, still shocked by the information that Kairi was a mermaid.

Kairi sighed, "Nope, I went to finish off Kuro since he was sailing in the sea alone."

"Did you succeed?" Zoro asked as the white-haired girl smiled proudly.

"Course I did!!" Kairi smiled, "Of course with some help"

"What do you mean by some help?" Usopp questioned, narrowing his eyes on Kairi who stared at him, "I don't think you can stand my answer so just stay curious."

Kairi smiled at the frightened man, walking away in search of Nami or Luffy.

"What the hell..." Usopp muttered, watching Kairi walking away from the two of them and disappearing into the white fog.

"Be careful around her or else she might drown you. Mermaids have great senses - meaning good hearing." Zoro whispered making Usopp flinched and then running to Luffy's side.

●○●

Luffy figured out the way out of the thick foggy mist through the smell of faint food that could be sniffed in the air. Kairi told Zoro sternly that she wanted to stay with him since she had just gotten back from the water.

When they got out of the mist, they saw a huge ship that looked like a ship - gaining the crew's attention. Small ships and other ships were gathered there too, all empty as if their sailors were inside the big fish ship.