Tied Together (ch-20)

Start from the beginning

But when I got to know this, I decided that I will marry Shailja today and then sacrifice my life along with her. You can now sacrifice both of us to the Lord, but before that I want to request you to not offer any sacrifice in this temple.

This temple along with your Kuldevi has the Shivling and statue of my Mahadev and he would never want an innocent's life.

So save yourself from commiting a sin." Saying this he held Queen Shailja's hand tightly.

Maha Mahaguru immediately stopped at this. He realized his mistake and said, " Today is Arudra Darsanam, how can we take an innocent's live on Mahadev's birthday itself!"

Saying this he blessed the couple and declared that whichever couple will follow these traditions on this day itself will marry each other in this place and will be blessed to be together for seven lives.

As soon as he declared this, black clouds covered the sky and rain drops touched the earth surface."

Mahaguru looked around and said, "I can't let my guru's words be dishonored. So you have only one option, and that is to marry each other, whether you agree or not. And this is the end of the discussion."

Dakshika took a shaky breath and closed her eyes.

On the other hand Akshar was not ready to agree to this.

" I won't. I will not marry her. What are you going to do?" He said in a challenging tone.

"Nothing much, we will just kill this girl over here so that the tradition won't be disrespected." The village Panchayat said very clearly.

Dakshika snapped her head towards him along with Akshar.

"You can't do that." Akshar yelled.
This time Mahaguru replied calmly, " They can, it's thier belief you are talking about voilating and then even I won't be able to save her. Agree to this beta, or else leave from here alone. "

Akshar felt compelled, defeated by the situation. Both of them were regretting not bringing their guards or men with them. But now nothing could be done.

Akshar looked at Dakshika once before answering, " Okay, I am ready to marry her."

While Mohan Pandit was shocked, this wasn't what he planned.

Instantly a few women brought Kuldevi's chunni and were about to place it on Dakshika's head, but the Mahaguru stopped them and handed over another new chunni.

Everyone except Dakshika was confused at this but complied nonetheless.They both were taken to the mandap and seated down.

Dakshika's state was already worsened both mentally and physically. But her eyes were empty with no sign of any emotions in them One of the Shishya of Mahaguru started chanting mantras.

When it was the time of Kanyadaan, Purohit ji along with his wife came forward and did Dakshika's Kanyadaan. After sometime the priest asked them to stand for pheras. Dakshika amd Akshar stood up, but before Dakshika could step forward, Akshar lifted her in his arms.

He took the seven rounds and made her sit beside him again.

The priest now told Akshar to fill Dakshika's hairline with Vermillion with the help of a silver coin.

Akshar turned his head towards Dakshika, lifted her viel and stared her face for a few seconds. Even in this condition, her face looked a source of peace to him. He didn't know why.

He filled her hairline and then tied the nuptial chain around her neck. While doing so, his fingers were touching her neck and his face was very close to her's.