Chapter 1

~ . ~

Patricia sighed, after wiping the tears from her eyes. She was reading a novel titled "25th Floor Balcony" by Elise Estrella. Its ending was pretty good that moved her heart and eventually made her tear up. Her story has a moral lesson and worth to read. She then checked her cellphone to check the time and stop the music that had been playing while she was reading.

For all that, she did what she normally do. After reading she got up and tie her short shoulder-length hair into a small bun to start doing her household chores. Patricia's room is small, when you open the door you will immediately see her study table, swivel chair and under it was a small trash bin.

She had bookshelf, on the right side there was a cabinet that you will see if you went up to her bed, supposedly, above her bookshelf more than a little reason to cover her bed. Her room has a vertical sliding window also known as double hung window that faces her bed with a curtain, for her privacy and to prevent someone peeking up with her in the house that is next to her house that was currently empty.

Meanwhile, Patricia started cleaning their living room. At ten o'clock she went to the kitchen to cook. After she rinsed the rice, she put water before putting the pot on the stove and turn in on. After a while, her cellphone suddenly rang, not that long when she answered her mother's phone call.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Hindi ako makakauwi. Magluto ka nalang ng lunch mo."

"Got it." Patricia was about to end the phone call, nang may pahabol pang sinabi ang ina niya.

"Nagawa mo ba mga habilin ko sayo?" Her Mom asked.

"Nagawa ko na ma."

"Good. Hwag tatamad tamad palagi ka nalang nag cecellphone." Her Mother said and ended the phone call.

Patricia looked at her phone with disbelief. She cast away all the hurtful thoughts and scanned in every corner of their house to see if she had anything to do or clean. Pero dahil sa sobrang organize at magaling siya sa paglilinis ay wala na naman siyang gagawin, pwera nalang sa sinaing niya.

She then started looking at their refrigerator, naghahanap kung ano pwedeng maging ulam niya for lunch. Ilang minuto pa ang nakalipas ay nagprito siya ng isang paa ng chicken, pagkatapos non ay kumain na din kaagad.

Patricia is an only child. In fact, she has had no father since she was born. Her father cheated and married his mistress. Masasabing sakto lang ang pamilya nila hindi mayaman hindi rin mahirap. However, in the past Patricia's mother doesn't have much enough income to support her.

Therefore, her mother had to make the hardest decision in her life. Her mother had to work far away and leave her with her grandmother. It was more than a year before she got reunited with her mother. However, conflict arises.

Because of the mile distance for years, they both didn't have enough time to bond and to know each other's likes and dislikes, that made her become so distanced from her mother, a reason why they don't form any deep connection other than their relationship as mother and daughter by blood and contract.

When the day had come, Patricia's mother wanted her to come back in her embrace, however, doubt and hesitation made her a decision not to agree to be with her mother's overwhelming presence, well, that's what she felt, instead she chose to stay at her grandmother's side.

On the other hand, Patricia's mother doesn't want to force her, and ends up with a decision to visit her every Sunday. When Patricia was going to be a high school student, she ended up living with her mother who has a live in partner, so that she could focus on her academics without any distractions.