✾. 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 .✾

Start from the beginning

"Could be kids from the shipment that Boomtubed away from Markovia." Conner suggested.

"Was it female DNA?" Brion asked him.

"No. But you can see why New Genesis requires your Earthling expertise. We should go as soon as possible." M'gann switched to her Martian form as Bear spoke.

"I can bring the whole team along."

"Wondrous! Will Wolf join us too?" Bear asked excitedly as he looked to the snoring animal.

"He'll, uh, sit this one out."

"Uh, can you give us a second?" Conner asked Bear.

"Take several!" Bear turned to Lily with a hopeful look, "And will you and your fiancée be joining us, Lily?"

"I don't think-"

"Sure! At least, I will." Billy spoke up as he looked over to Lily with an excited smile.

"And you are one hundred percent sure there aren't any restrictions that don't allow you to go?" She asked with a serious look.

"Yep. Nothing preventing us from going off world and I think halfway across the galaxy is out of Luthor's jurisdiction." He joked.

"Okay." Brion was about to say something to Lily, but she cut him off, "I know, Dick and the others are on their way. But you guys will do fine without me, he can just catch me up when I get back. And this is a potential lead to the Markovian kids."

"Exactly. And we get to go on the mission together. What's a better way to spend time with your fiancée than..." Billy trailed off.

"On the field kicking ass." Lily finished his sentence with an excited smile.

"Hah. You two are made for each other." Bear told them.

"We know." The two replied in unison as M'gann walked up to them.

"Conner's needed here. Hope you're okay with me instead." She explained simply.

"As long as I have an Earthling's help, all is well."

"Actually, I'm not... Uh, never mind. You'll have plenty."

✾✾✾

"That is a lot of Earthlings!" Bear said in surprise as he looked at the team. Static, Thirteen, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, and Wonder Girl, "Motherbox, let's be on our way!"

"Uh, wait. Billy, don't you wanna..." Lily trailed off as she gave him a questioning look.

"Oh, right. Shazam!" Lightning struck him as he still stood in his place, instead as Captain Marvel, "Okay. Now, let's go."

"Excellent!" The motherbox pinged, the Boomtube opening up as it did.

"Guess you'll be studying those space physics up close, amigo." Kid elbowed Blue as they walked through the portal.

"Who uses Boomtubes for the physics?"

Lily jumped down onto the ground of New Genesis, though Bear was laying on it with his face covered in dirt.

"Motherbox! Why-" He was interrupted by a ping, "Magical bad luck?"

"Sorry! I got excited. Lost control." Thirteen spoke up with a sheepish smile.

"Don't blame you. This is so crash! We are on a mission in space!" Kid replied to her excitedly.

"Just like the Justice League!" Wondergirl added, Lily noticed a flustered look on Billy's face as Bear laughed.

"You Earthlings are considerably more enthusiastic than Superboy." Lily letting out a laugh at his comment.

✾✾✾