Chapter 2: Present Day

It is January 2024 in Adventure Bay. And the PAW Patrol had just spent their Christmas with their future loved ones. Today is a good day for the people and pups of Adventure Bay. Though Tundra is off in the Arctic in Everest's place, Rocky is still in touch with her. He is in his puphouse chatting with her on their PupTags. Meanwhile, most of the other pups are at the playground, playing games. Liberty and Everest are being chased by Rubble in freeze tag. Marshall and Zuma are tagged, meaning they have to be frozen.

Marshall: Hello? Anyone?

Zuma: I got an itch in my ear and I can't get it.

The girls notice the frozen pups. They nod and Liberty takes a right and Everest goes to unfreeze Marshall. She touched him on the nose and Marshall became unfrozen. Although, when Everest did that, Marshall did a goofy smile and fainted.

Everest: Marshall! Are you okay?

Marshall: (dreamily and dazed) I see a flower. It's pretty. (Everest freezes)

Zuma: Yipe! Everest!

Everest: What? I'm not frozen yet.

Rubble: (in a distance) Not yet you're not!

Then Everest saw Rubble behind her and she started running. Then she figured out she's the last one left. Rubble already tagged Liberty so unless she freezes Marshall and Zuma, she's on her own. Meanwhile, back at the Lookout, the Junior Patrollers (Nano, Mini, and Tot) are doing a 3-on-2 tug of war. Chase and Skye held the other end of the rope. The Junior Patrollers gave everything they got. But Chase and Skye remained motionless until they stopped and Tot did the neck thing people do in movies to indicate they're tough. Then with one pull, Nano, Mini and Tot yanked the rope, sending Chase and Skye to fly up into the air and Chase landed in the hole of the tire swing and Skye in a bush. The Junior Patrollers ran over to them and were worried about what they have done.

Nano: Are you guys okay?

Chase: What you define okay we call . . .

Skye: Extreme fun!

Mini: Oh! Phew. Good. We thought we yeeted you guys into yesterday.

Chase: (struggling to get out of the tire swing) But you guys seemed strong together. I helped beat a semi-muscular brainiac from the future and you guys just yeeted me and Skye like we were baseballs.

Tot: I know. Are we . . . (deep Lawrence Fishburne voice) immortal?

Skye: Whoa. Ahem. We were just saying that you guys are showing great examples of teamwork.

Mini: Oh. Okay.

Nano: So what are you guys doing for Father's Day this summer?

Chase: Uhh . . . it's January. Father's Day is in June.

Nano, Mini, and Tot: Never too early to be prepared!

Skye: Besides, (whispers to the Junior Patrollers) I wouldn't mention Father's Day around Chase. With his dad issues and all.

Tot: Right. Sorry, Chase.

Chase: (he did not hear what Skye said to them) Um . . . that's okay?

Skye: Ahem. So, what do you guys wanna do until Liberty and the others get back?

Nano: (excitedly wagging his tail) Play Fetch?

Mini: Hide and Seek?

Tot: (in Lawrence Fishburne's voice) Arm wrestling?

Chase: How about a movie?

The Junior Patrollers cheer and they race inside. Their voices can be heard from a distance.

Mini: I got the popcorn!

Nano: I got the drinks!

Tot: And I got . . . uhh . . . I don't know yet!

Chase and Skye chuckle from a distance. Chase then sighs remembering the mention of Father's Day. Skye sees Chase is depressed. She then put her paw on Chase's and asked what was the matter.

Skye: Anything bothering you, Chase?

Chase: (sighs) It's about Father's Day. I know in the summer and we're almost done with winter, but you remember how I was every Father's Day.

Skye: Yeah. Marshall and Zuma have uncles, Rubble has a grandpa, Rocky at least has a dad, and Liberty and Everest think Ryder is like a father to them. I got a big brother who's fathering me. Sheesh.

Chase: And I am left with what? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Skye: How's your search for . . . Well, you know.

Chase: I have put up flyers asking about where he is. It's been since December 27th. Nothing came up. Now I just feel like I'm the last of my breed. The last German Shepherd alive.

Skye: Liberty and Everest know that feeling too. Don't lose hope, Chase. Being hopeful is what makes you who you are. (Reflects on her words) Wow! I need to be a therapist one day.

Chase: (chuckles) Leave that to Marshall. He's not only a fire rescue or EMT pup, but he's also doing therapy. (They chuckle) You think I should have an appointment with him, Skye?

Skye: (grins) I believe so. He's your brother. He'd understand.

Chase: Yeah. You're right.

And the the pups hear the Junior Patrollers saying they already got The Lion King started. They better hurry. Chase and Skye race inside once they hear the classic opening. Two things raced through Chase's mind, "Will I ever see if I have a father?" and "Will he turn out to be a Mufasa? (Gone)".

Look, I know it's not 2024 now, but it's getting closer. Anyway, what do you think of the story so far, even if it's just two chapters? Put what you think in the comments below. Seeing comments bring warmth to my heart. But it freezes it when I see hateful comments. So no harsh comments, please. Good will toward men, right? Peace out, ya'll! And Merry Christmas!