Extra Merry Christmas !!! 🤶🏻🎄

Hi there! Merry Christmas to you all! 🥳

Because it's Christmas, I wrote a short extra ( so not the rest of the story) about a Christmas at the Hoshino's house. 😊🎄

---------------------------------------------------------

-Ai! Ai! Where are you hiding? Mum exclaimed.

I didn't answer. My name is Ai Hoshino. I'm 2 years old and I'm currently under my bed.

There's a very simple reason for this: I refuse to wear a Santa outfit. Never!

-So you were there!

I jumped up and looked in front of me. My mother was watching me, half amused and half annoyed.

She pulled me out from under the bed with a sigh.

-What on earth were you doing? The guests will be arriving soon and you haven't got your hair done or your clothes on.

-I don't want to!

-Don't what?

-Putting on that weird red outfit!

I've practised acting and talking like a child my own age. Since Miyako, no one's suspected me of being reincarnated. If I'd known, I'd have adapted much sooner!

Meanwhile, Akane had tilted her head.

-So that's what was upsetting you? she asked.

I shook my head. I had no intention of wearing that horror!

Mum smiled.

-I bought that Christmas dress because children usually like to wear them. And you would have looked so cute in it! Anyway, I had another outfit just in case. A sort of plan B.

She got up and walked over to my wardrobe, my curious gaze on her.

She took out a dress. I glanced at it. It was actually quite nice! Black and sequined with ruffles, it suited me perfectly!

-Do you like it?" Akane asked gently.

-Yes! I exclaimed, stars in my eyes.

-Well, I'll help you put it on then.

I slipped on the dress under Mum's tutelage, then she curled my hair. To finish off my hair, she added a black headband and a sequined mini hat in the same colour.

When I was finally ready, Akane and I joined Aqua and Yuto in the living room.

Aqua was wearing a suit (not surprising coming from him) and my older brother was dressed as Father Christmas.

I stared at him for a moment, dumbfounded. How could he stand wearing that?!

-Hasn't anyone arrived yet? Mum wondered.

-No, we haven't seen any guests yet," confirmed Aqua.

I turned away from the conversation to see Yuto sulking.

-What's wrong? I asked him, tilting my head to one side.

-Your outfit," he mumbled.

-What did you say? I didn't hear anything.

-Your clothes! he exclaimed, clenching his fists.

I gasped, surprised by his sudden outburst

-What did she dress me in? I asked him gently.

-Nothing's the matter!

-Then why are you getting so upset?

-Because it's not the Christmas dress! We don't match...