4

The premises of Ichigo Prod had hardly changed at all.

Of course I didn't know the people who worked in the offices. They must have been recruited after my death.

My death. A memory I try not to think about. After all, who would want to remember their own death?

It's one of the most horrible moments in human life.

I shook my head, it really wasn't the time!

It was at this wonderful moment that Miyako chose to come back to me.

She had in her hands the instrument of torture that is a feeding bottle.

No !!

And to think I'd managed to escape it!

Knowing there was nothing I could do about it, I decided to close my eyes and wait for it to pass. I also tried the self-suggestion technique.

No bottle touches your lips.

Nobody is forcing you to drink milk.

I'm not being humiliated.

It's not working at all!

When Miyako took the bottle out of my mouth I whispered:

-At last!

Unfortunately for me, Miyako had heard me.

She leaned towards me:

-Reassure me. You're not a divine messenger or a goddess, are you?

A... What?!? What was she saying?

-B... Babu? (*﹏*;)

 Babu? (*﹏*;)

She sighed:

- I must have heard wrong.

Phew, saved.

I nearly got found out twice in one day! That is, if divine messengers count.

I really had to be more careful. I didn't know what the reaction would be if it got out.

Better safe than sorry, so I'm not taking any chances.

---------------------------------------------------------

After a ten-minute wait, Aqua, Akane and Yuto made their entrance.

They looked out of breath, so I guessed they must have been running.

Mum took me in her arms.

-Has she been good? she asked, concerned.

-Yes, very. Don't worry," Ruby replied, winking at me in reference to my little dance.

I hope nobody filmed me.

If Ruby knew reincarnated people, so did Aqua. So if he came across the video he'd be suspicious.

I hit my head with my hand, startling Yuto.

Why did I ALWAYS have to act without thinking!

Of my two children, Aqua was the more intelligent. So I knew he'd be a lot harder to fool than Ruby and Miyako with their divine messengers.

Miyako saved me from my reflections by asking my new parents a few questions.

-By the way, how was Yuto's recital?

-He played really well! Akane exclaimed, her eyes shining. I was blown away!

Hearing his mother's words, Yuto blushed and lowered his head.

So the boy was modest. No! So my big brother was modest.

I really needed to correct my way of thinking, otherwise it'll affect the way I speak (when I'm old enough).

Meanwhile, the adults had continued their discussion.

-It would have been great if the exit doors hadn't locked! Aqua retorted in her usual impassive tone.

-It made for a great atmosphere! Akana smiled happily.

That's why you should always know an optimist!

Miyako burst out laughing.

-I'm sure they did, but I don't think people liked her.

-Oh, they'll like her... Assured Akane... As an afterthought.

I lost interest in the conversation to see what my brother was doing.

Meanwhile, Yuto had gone to greet all the workers in the office.

Watching them, it was obvious that they all knew each other.

The employees even gave him sweets.

They've changed since my day!

Before, they were glued to their computers and ignored you royally.

A positive change at last!

-What about your concert, Ruby?

I froze at the words, was she going to tell about my little chorea?

-Thank you very much. You'll have to come and see Kana and Memcho, they'll be pleased to see you and the kids again.

-That's a great idea! We should spend the afternoon somewhere. To the zoo, for example, or the swimming pool. We don't want Yuto and Ai to get bored.

-I'll ask them if they're available," Ruby offered, before turning to Miyako.

-And how did you find the concert?

-From a commercial point of view, I thought we should commission a new song. Your repertoire is getting old.

- Brilliant! A new song! exclaimed the member of B Komachi.

-From an economic point of view, you'll need new outfits. You've got a lot of concerts scheduled over the next few months, so you can't wear the same outfits all the time.

-That reminds me, I'm going to have to buy Ai some new outfits, she doesn't have enough for the winter," says Akane, clapping her hands together.

-And my personal opinion is that the concert was very good. Keep it up and you'll continue to climb in popularity. Believe me, the CEO of Ichigo Production says so.

What do you mean "CEO of Ichigo Production"? What happened to Mr Saito?!?

_______________________________________

Miyako and her expert opinion 😎.

How will Ai react when she learns the truth about her former manager?

Elaine