Chapter 2

Looking around the train is pretty boring, it was just me and my dad on it, well, other than the driver. To pass time, I notice little details of the setting I was in. For example, there's wasn't many artificial light in the train, majority of it was all natural thanks to the windows, and the floors, around the middle they looked cleaner than on the sides. I look over at my dad, it was sure quiet, maybe I should start conversation. "Dad, I'm very excited. How much longer till we're there?" "About 10 minutes, dear." He smiled at me, I felt like asking another question. "What's our house like? Is it on open land, or is it one of those...what are they called? Apartments? Yeah, apartments."

"It's a two story house in a little suburban neighbourhood near the town centre. A lot of other kids live near there too. I'm staying with a friend currently, but she doesn't mind you coming along." After hearing this, I imagine the thought and my dreams. Me, become great friends with Regular objects, being in a loving home, and reading a good book at the town centre. "Who's your friend?" He went a little quiet, I think he's thinking. "Oh um... you know how your mom has her Regular counterpart?" I think about it for a second. "Hmmm oh- OH! Regular Leafy??" He nodded. "Dad's come on hard times, so I moved back in with her, she's very nice, don't worry!" Thinking about it, I knew mom was a very nice person, maybe her counterpart is like her, but... nicer? I dunno. In the middle of my thinking, I start to notice the train was becoming a bit slower. I look out the window, and there it was, the Regular City! It looked like what I imagined, lots of buildings, light, along with past contestants and recommended characters! I immediately grab my suitcase, and as soon as the train stopped, I jumped out of my seat, and ran out in excitement. Well, I was too excited, since after getting off the train, I fell on my face.

That was certainly embarrassing, falling on my face, getting up, and dusting myself off. Looking around, a few others were looking back. I smile and wave, they start walking away. "Are you okay?" I look behind me to my dad. "Yeah, I'm good, they seem nice!"

~ — ❀ — ~

Walking to my new home felt surreal, this was actually happening. I know I talk about to so much, but it's because I'm super excited and happy, I've been waiting ever since I can remember! The latest I remember was when I was 4 years old, I was in my mom's living room, watching Yellow Face and the Regulars. "Mommy? Why is daddy not here sometimes?" I questioned as she was making dinner. "Well, your father is at the Regular City, he lives there most of the time." "Oh." I'd look back at the TV, the grayscale characters dance inside it. "I wanna live with daddy, see the big city." "Maybe someday, when you're older." My mom chuckled as she puts some food on two plates. "Cmon now, dinner's ready."

The look of the city is very strange to me, some buildings were big and tall, there wasn't much trees around, and the others, it wasn't just shades of red, there were black, orange, green, blue, many colors I haven't seen in a big while. I also start to notice that some objects near my dad and I were staring, it made me nervous. My dad held my hand as he smiled at me, it definitely made me less nervous, and before I knew it, we were in front of a house, my new home.

It was a two story house with what looked like an attic, a yellow exterior with a green interior. Inside, it looked vaguely similar to my home back in the Evil Village, it just has more space for more things, like a bookshelf, a fireplace, a bigger TV! "Oh my gardenia, look who's finally here!" I turn, looking at the Regular counterpart of my mom felt so... strange, but I happily go up and shake her hand. "It's nice to finally meet, Firey told me so much about you!" "Looking at you feels weird, sorry." Her and I chuckled. "It's all good! Ah! You should meet B.L.! Leave your suitcase here, and follow me." B.L.? Who's that?

Me and dad follow Leafy as she go upstairs and knocks on one of the doors

Me and dad follow Leafy as she go upstairs and knocks on one of the doors. "B.L.! Come out,there's someone we want you to meet!" The door opens as an object comes out of it, looking unamused. Ohhh! B.L.! "Tulip, this is Burnt Log, Burnt Log, Tulip." I immediately shake his hand. "Hi! My name is Tulip, you must be the my counterpart! Well, half counterpart. Gasp. That means you're also my half brother! This is so amazing! How are you!?" Like I said, I'm very excited, but he didn't look too excited like me. "Um... good?" I'd let go of his hand, and he returns to his room. Leafy chuckled nervously. "Sorry, he's in one of his moods again. Oh! We should show you your room!" She then walks to another door, behind it was a set of stairs heading to the attic.

As we went up, Leafy began to talk. "We don't have a proper fourth room, so we cleared out half of the attic, and made a little bedroom up here! I hope you don't mind." "Are you kidding me!?"

"This room looks so cool!" Sure, it was barren, but it was bigger than my old room!" "My stuffed animals could go on this bed- oh! And my books could have a little bookshelf here! As well as my B

"This room looks so cool!" Sure, it was barren, but it was bigger than my old room!" "My stuffed animals could go on this bed- oh! And my books could have a little bookshelf here! As well as my B.B. poster up here! Let me- oh." I forgot I left my suitcase in the living room, dad took notice. "I'll get your suitcase, T, I'll be back!" He descends down the stairs, now it's just me and Leafy. Once dad left, Leafy's smile turned to an annoyed frown. "Now, listen here, missy..." I was shocked and looked around nervously, this certainly took me a-back. "You're not here because I wanted to house you, you're here because Firey kept begging me for months!" She got closer as I backed up, bumping into the bed. "You Evils took him away from his family, his home! You're in my house now, and you better not come down unless you have a good reason." I heard dad coming back upstairs. Leafy seemed to notice as well, since she then whispered harshly: "You better not make a scene!"

When dad returned, Leafy became nice again, smiling. She grabbed by suitcase and handed it over to me. "Here, Tulip. We'll be downstairs, come down when you're settled!" And just like that, they both left, leaving me alone and thinking. Maybe Leafy wasn't as nice as I thought she was.