He ran into his room and locked the door behind him. Pulling out the mask, Jax placed it on his nightstand. He then took out some glue that he stole from the Arts and Crafts adventure. Slowly, he began piecing the mask back together....

...

Hiyori: Gangle? Gangle?! Gangle where are you?!

Hiyori called out through the Grounds, walking through the grass. It was nice to be here again, but she felt saddened by what happened tonight. Gangle must truly be upset, considering how Kaufmo had abstracted. But Hiyori got more concerned. Was Gangle going to abstract? Would she have finally reached her breaking point?

Hiyori's worries were interrupted by some sniffling coming from the bushes, with a small shiny red ribbon dangling from the bottom. Jackpot!

Hiyori: Gangle! There you are!

Hiyori grabbed the ribbon and pulled, albeit gently. The rest of the ribbon came out, along with a familiar porcelain mask hanging at one of the ends. Gangle immediately face planted after the rest of her body was pulled out of the bush.

Hiyori: Gangle, I was so worried! I thought you were going to-

Gangle: I...I'm fine...*sniff* B-but I still miss Kaufmo...

Hiyori: I miss Kaufmo too. But he would want you to keep going. He would want you to be happy, even without him!

Gangle: B-but I can't! My comedy mask keeps breaking, even if Jax doesn't trip me or push m-me...A-and I lost Kaufmo and I can't put my comedy mask back together!  How can I m-move forward...?

Hiyori: Look Gangle...you're wearing your comedy mask right now!

Gangle: B-but I don't-

Hiyori: Think of it this way...you don't need your comedy mask on all the time. Happiness isn't just some mask you can just put on! Happiness isn't just some object that you can't stop from breaking! It's right in here...

Hiyori points to Gangle's chest, even though it's just an empty space where only ribbon was visible.

Gangle: B...But I don't feel happy right now...

Hiyori: Then think of something that's happy! Like the time you drew an entire portrait of everyone!!

Gangle: That was...*smiles a little bit* Fun.

Hiyori: Oh, and that time you helped us on that Mole Holes Adventure!! You managed to save us from one of those deep holes!

Gangle: Y-yeah...! That was cool.

Hiyori: And do you remember when you painted that entire set for me and Jax's show?!

Gangle: Yeah! That was amazing!

Gangle's smile widened, and even though she still had the sad eyes, she felt genuinely happy.

Hiyori: See! I told you! You can still smile without your comedy mask

Hiyori: See! I told you! You can still smile without your comedy mask. And that means that you can still make people happy.

Gangle: Ye-yeah...Can we go back to the Tent now, Hiyori?

Hiyori: Sure!!

The two started to walk back to the Tent when they bumped into Jax.

Hiyori: Oh Jax!! Sorry about that.

Jax: I...I just want to give something to Gangle in private. Though I guess it ain't so private with you here.

Gangle: W...what is it that you want to give me?

Jax slowly pulled out Gangle's comedy mask, now glued back together. Despite a few cracks being shown, it was still enough to cover Gangle's face.

Gangle: My comedy mask...

Jax: I know, I know. But Tomorrow's the same routine as usual. Please don't think I'm kind-

Without warning, Gangle hugged Jax, wrapping her ribbons around him.

Gangle: Don't worry. I'm not mad.

Jax smiled a little bit before pushing Gangle away.

Jax: Alright, who's ready to go back to the Tent?

They nodded before going into the Tent once again. And the party resumed. But there was something in the distance. Something lurking in the darkness. And it was very, very naughty.