Chapter 3

Nicolas Pov

After Tea, Joey and Tristan took Yumi's grandpa to the hospital I ran back into the building to check on Yumi who had accepted Kaiba's duel. 

"You think the old man is gonna be okay boss?" asked Demise.

"Don't worry he's in good hands Demise." I said. Sure I was pissed and angry that Kaiba did such a thing disrespecting the one card that Yumi's grandpa held dear by tearing in half. I saw both pieces of the card laying on the floor before I picked them up and placed them into my pocket before walking through another door to find myself in a much larger room and what I saw surprised me a giant stadium and on both sides I saw Kaiba and Yumi standing on what looks like platforms. Thinking to myself what the hell is all of this?

"Well this is new."  said Demise.

"Just what you suppose this is for anyway?" asked Ruin.

"I'm just as clueless like you are." I replied.

"Nicolas look those two are about to duel."  said Demise while I stood there and watched.

Once the duel started my mouth nearly dropped. The monster's on the card became real.

"Monster's real monsters?!" I said in surprise.

"Ah Nicolas how do you like my virtual simulator? It  brings a new perspective to the game."  said Seiko.

"So this is how you beat my Grandfather." said Yumi  but I notice she was a bit different like she had grew a few inches and had more of a serious look on her face. Just what was going on?

"Don't worry Yumi you got this. Seiko you will pay for what you did." I said looking at Setiko who had a smirk on her face.

"We shall see." Said Seiko while she continued the duel against Yugi. The duel was pretty much one sided Seiko  was blasting away Yumi's monsters left and right.

"This is bad...real bad." said Demise.

"Don't worry I'm sure Yumi has a plan." I said

"You're not faring any better than you old man did, Yumi. Your deck is just as weak and feeble as your grandfather." said Seiko.

"My grandpa is a great man and a better duelist than you'll ever be. He entrusted me with his cards, and I can feel his heart in this deck. I doubt you have that kind of faith in your cards, Kaiba." said Yumi in which I had to agree believing in the heart of the cards and in yourself is what makes a person great.

"What?" asked Seiko.

"But I believe in my grandpa's deck. And my faith rewards me with Gaia the fierce knight with a destructive power of 2,300." said Yumi  before she summoned it to the field and attacked Kaiba's monster with it.

"Way to go Yumi." I said cheering her on while Kaiba's life points went down to 1300.

"Things are starting to look up for your girlfriend master." said Ruin.

"She's not my  girlfriend." I said with a slight blush on my face.

"Are you sure about that? I mean she's a girl and she's your friend so does that makes her your girlfriend?" asked Demise.

"Shut up."  said Ruin and I at the same time.

"All right, Kaiba, your move." Said Yumi while she had her arms folded and a smile on her face.

"Hah! this'll be over sooner than you think."said  Kaiba  right before she played a monster I seen before.

"I call on the blue eyes white dragon." said Kaiba  before the hologram of the dragon appeared on the field.